Just documenting the mods I’m trying to do to my American standard custom shop. It had a poly honey blonde finish and white pickguard that I never really loved. I never liked the 6 saddles and bridge pickup. So I stupidly decided to put a bigsby and bluesbreaker (humbucker shapes p90) in the bridge at one point. I realised I was trying to doing to many things from the one guitar, so I have ordered a jazz master from warmoth that achieves the sound I was trying to get out of this, and am converting this back to being a more tasty classic tele. I have bought a Glendale conversion brass saddle bridge and a porter 9T bridge pickup (p90 hybrid). I am leaving the neck pickup that’s in it, it’s a custom shop twisted Tele which I love (Tele/strat hybrid). I’m am putting a nitro butterscotch finish on it and have bought mostly vintage spec nickel plated hardware which I have distressed in hydrochloric acid fumes. Also had to go with the matte black pickguard. I know how I’m doing this isn’t the actual way they did it, I realise I’m not going for the actual Vintage butterscotch look, this is just going to be my take on it. That being said, if anyone has any advice or any comments pleeeease add them, I’ll take all info on board. This is my first time attempting a finish so any advice will greatly appreciated. I stripped the poly back with a heat gun and scraper. Then sanded off the remaining sanding sealer layers off with an electric sander. It was surprisingly easy. Once I got to the bare wood I hand sanded down to about 400. I then had to fill in the humbucker rout wings as they would have popped out from underneath the bridge plate. I just cut down and glued little bits of dowel and then filled the gaps with an ash woodfill/wood shaving mixture to achieve this. I applied a thin layer of sanding sealer before applying a walnut grain fill. I did 2-3 layers of this before leaving it for the night and sanding it off in the morning. The walnut really brought out the grain which is what I was hoping for. I used a full can of sanding sealer and colour over the past 2 days, so far I’m very happy with the results. The plan from here is to use a can of clear gloss and let sit for a fortnight before final sand. Then I’m putting it in the freezer to try and get some cracks, then I am going to finish it with a non silicon light brown boot polish/tru oil mix over a few days.