American Special Tele. Do Texas specials sound 'Tele' Like.

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by adamlovesgin, Mar 9, 2017.

1. grolan1

grolan1 Friend of Leo's

Somewhere in the middle of the flippin country
    You've opened a can of worms with this one.... many thing there is a huge difference, (rosewood darker sound, maple brighter sound). I personally don't hear the difference and have both. Also there is a different feel between the two. I don't mine either but tend to buy more rosewood guitars than maple necked ones.

2. ThreeChorder

ThreeChorder Tele-Meister

May I suggest blonde?

[​IMG]

I prefer rosewood (aesthetically speaking) except a blonde Tele MUST have a maple board :)

BlueCollarBoy likes this.
  3. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

FYI, that neck pickup in your 2012 AS is a Highway 1 Texas Tele pickup, not a CS Texas Special! That said, those Highway 1 Texas Tele p'ups are no pushover. Very versatile, with lots of output.

The Highway 1 Texas Tele pickup set was commissioned by Fender for the Highway 1 Texas Tele; the Highway 1 Texas Tele morphed into the Texas Special, which was loaded with the remaining Highway 1 Texas Tele pickups.

4. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Holic

Both, is that an option? lol. Pretty subjective might want to think about that part. I like maple neck teles and rosewood neck strats. I may not be any help. But I like the Tele in question alot. Great choice. Its not going to be too bright with maple if thats the concern.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.