American Professional Stratocaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by gridlock, Jan 27, 2020.

1. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I could not find an American Professional Stratocaster Club in my searches, so I started one.

Here is my new 2019 American Professional Stratocaster, in Olympic White, and with a Rosewood Fretboard. I’ve made it into a hardtail (now with 5-Tremolo springs) and I’ve switched it over to .010’s. I still want to get it to my guitar tech and get it setup properly.

I love look, the neck, and feel of the guitar, but I’m not overly thrilled with the new V-Mod pickups. A little too bright for my taste. Even so, it will be my keeper Strat.

B33DEFCB-D626-49B5-A261-B72E09A68149.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    emisilly, VWAmTele and Vibrolux59 like this.
  2. gridlock

Some more photos to get this club rolling.

7932A012-C6AC-4848-95AD-1E630EC76400.jpeg A7185A04-442E-4741-B68C-7BC42B5D0C15.jpeg 56B2F1DD-12A1-40F6-9D87-059312299B4D.jpeg 52C8C46B-E768-4FD6-B6FD-65CEBB4414BF.jpeg

emisilly and VWAmTele like this.
  3. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

I have one exactly like yours. Love everything about it, including the V-Mods. It's like Fender took everything they've learned in building strats over the past 65+ years and put it into the AmPro series.

emisilly and gridlock like this.
  4. gridlock

Congrats, I’m just thinking I need a little more mellow pickup in the neck position. I’ll give the V-Mods a good try before I decide on swapping them.

5. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

I have a sunburst with rosewood board. Probably my best sounding and certainly my best playing guitar. I actually won mine a few years ago in the Guitar Center "Guitarathon" contest. Funny backstory.... So I got an email from GC corporate notifying me that I had won the second prize, which was a limited Mexican flame top Strat, which would have been cool as it was. They let me know they'd send notification once it shipped. I was told it would be at least a few weeks. After a month of nothing I called the rep at corporate and she apologized, letting me know they were waiting on Fender as Fender was actually shipping the guitar. A few days later she emailed and apologized profusely advising that Fender told them they shipped me the wrong guitar. Something along the lines of "I know you were expecting the flame top Strat you won but there was some kind of mix up with Fender and they actually sent out an American Pro Strat instead. If it's a problem you can return it and we will make sure the correct guitar is sent out. If you would like to keep the American Pro instead that would be fine". Ummmm, yeah I immediately called the rep and said "The American Pro will be just fine". Funny thing is she kept apologizing! So, Fender...thanks for the mistake!

gridlock likes this.
  6. gridlock

Congrats, I’d love to see photos of your sunburst guitar. One of my favorite Strat colors.

7. Foxguy

Foxguy TDPRI Member

2019 in Sonic Gray:

[​IMG]

gridlock likes this.
  8. Almature

Almature TDPRI Member

Vroeg 60 wat is de waarde ongeveer van deze strat 60-63

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    gridlock likes this.
  9. 43mmNut

43mmNut TDPRI Member

Here's my 2019 Am Pro Strat in Sienna Burst.
    It plays and sounds great. Love everything about it. 2019_FenderAmPro_SiennaBurst_Strat.9.1.19.IMG_1163.jpg

gridlock likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.