American Professional II neck on American Performer Body... offset screws vs 4 equal spacing?

giogolf

Tele-Meister
Hey all,

I was thinking of building an American Strat from Statosphere (I know some of you do not like them).. But I can get a Loaded American Performer Body and American Professional Neck combined for less than a new Performer at the store.

Can the offset 4 screw Professional neck fit the Performer equally spaced 4 hole body (obviously top left will need to be tapped on the neck)

Is this stupid? am I destroying to Guitars so to speak or just pissing in the wind? I really like the color of the performer and the neck of the pro II.. I could care less about the Yosemite PU's (not everyone likes them) if they work great, if not Ill sell them..

Thoughts on this American Franken Start? Oh, I am perfectly comfortable doing a full setup on a guitar, but for this, should I have my local trusted luthier set the neck (not sure if sanding, shimming is in order)

TIA TDPRI'ers!!

willietheweirdo

Tele-Meister
Ampro necks should already have 5 holes, so they are ready to rock. As long as you aren't talking about putting a strat neck in a tele body, or vice versa!

1648666771939.png

Ref: https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/american-professional-neck-fit-american-standard-body.461608/

giogolf

Tele-Meister

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 9

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
My Am Pro (not Pro II) neck has 5 screw holes. The body here is Warmoth…

s-l500.jpg

B27BE58C-F0E4-47B3-B4A6-4EBDD4B99209.jpeg

Last edited:

willietheweirdo

Tele-Meister
Funny, the one I have saved does not.. and yes, Am Pro in a Am Perf body is what I am after..
I'll be dipped! Yeah, I guess you wouldn't have asked if it had...

The heels and pockets should be the same, anyway. Adding a pilot hole and installing the neck should not be a big deal for a shop. Or plenty of builders here will be able to tell you all the precautions to take if you want to do it yourself.

giogolf

Tele-Meister
I'll be dipped! Yeah, I guess you wouldn't have asked if it had...

The heels and pockets should be the same, anyway. Adding a pilot hole and installing the neck should not be a big deal for a shop. Or plenty of builders here will be able to tell you all the precautions to take if you want to do it yourself.

If I can avoid bringing it to the Luthier than it becomes less cost prohibitive.. As far as setups, fret polish/ level goes, Truss, action etc.. I am confident in my skills.. If setting the neck is more involved then, putting it in, setting the 3 screws first, drill a pilot on the offset 4th then, screw it in, string it, tune, intonation, truss adjustment then action... Ill be fine..

But if I need to shim, sand, or align it in some weird way that I have never heard of then maybe this inst for me :)