1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amazon rant/vent

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mefgames, Dec 3, 2020.

1. mefgames

mefgames Friend of Leo's Double Platinum Supporter

Earlier today, I bought a Tele Bridge from Amazon. It said usually ships in 3 to 4 days, Okay, that's not bad. I no more got through the checkout process and the shipping eta had changed to Dec 31 to Jan 25th. WTH ???
    I need the bridge to locate the body rout position. Immediately tried to cancel the order, but was told it could take 2 days to hear back. Not happy !! I've always had pretty good luck with the big A, but this really irritates me !!! Thx for listening.........

Mike

2. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Most likely the fault lays with the vendor selling the bridge on Amazon. I've had the same happen to me on orders; told one thing and something else happened. Good luck on the build (believe that your building a new tele:))

Steve Holt, SRHmusic and boredguy6060 like this.
  3. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

We've gotten extra careful to buy items only 'stocked and shipped by Amazon,' or by big companies or specific real stores like Fender, Dimarzio, Alto Music, etc. We've had a similar problems like the one you mention with other obscure sellers in the Amazon 'marketplace.' It's hard to tell sometimes. Some are from overseas or who knows where and have terrible communication. Might be good to contact the Amazon customer service about it if you have issues with communication. Good luck.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  4. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve had a similar experience and Tenderfoot has it right.
    In my case the vendor here in the USA usually ships in two days, but they had sold out and had to refill their stock from China, so they put the shipping date about a month longer than their ad states.
    I order a lot from Amazon and Christmas always gets a little
    Crazy, but normally you can cancel if you’re not happy with the shipping terms.
    Good luck,

5. galaxiex

galaxiex Tele-Afflicted

This ^^^^

I only buy on Amazon if it says "stocked and shipped by Amazon", or words to that effect... sometimes says "fulfilled by Amazon".

The exception being..... I can't find the item anywhere else AND, I don't need it in a hurry.

SRHmusic likes this.
  6. 3-Saddle Bridge

3-Saddle Bridge Tele-Meister

Mine was not Amazon. Ordered a pkt. of Strat switch tips to use on Teles. on 18 Nov. Delivery estimated 10-24 Dec, I thought, yeah that be in the Xmas rush, probably later. No rush for 'em. The $2.50 "SpeedPAK" postage from China arrived 26 Nov.

7. 68Telebass

68Telebass Friend of Leo's

Same thing here- ordered stuff for Xmas, and ETA dec 24-Jan 20...WTH??? I thought, “OK, OK, Xmas rush, pandemic etc etc.”

Then got email next day or two..Change in ETA- Arriving Dec9-Dec 19 or something similar—/

Hang on- see if ETA moves up!

8. Mouth

Mouth Tele-Afflicted

You can filter to view prime delivery only. But still wise to confirm at checkout.

I've been in amazon customer service hell for about a month.

My solution is going to be to not have items delivered to my preferred location because they aren't making the right connection(hub address is not complete. Add the suite number. How hard is this? Come on!) Im extremely nice on the phone with customer service. Nowhere near as harsh as I can be when venting.

I have told them what needs to happen and was actually hopeful for a minute when I spoke to someone in the right department and she actually listened.

She was probably promoted and her notes discarded.

I have about a full 8 hour day in chasing my packages and re-ordering in the last month.

Props to the drivers that cared enough to not just return the deliveries that have been successful, and the brain power to deliver to the store using the name of the store and not need a suite number.

But it seems recently whoever has been getting that stop can just skip it and save themselves a delivery.

UPS and Amazon drivers in my situation.

And UPS delivered my last package from guitar center with a hole that went through both the shipping box and the item's box, but fortunately whatever made the hole didn't hit the item. Also the shipping box was pretty round on the corners and the tape was pretty beat up and had a fresh spill of some blue chemical(so I quickly got my item out before it soaked through.)

The scene from Caddyshack comes to mind. "If you guys want to get fired. You want to be replaced by drones. Just keep it up."

9. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Never had any problems with Amazon, but we tend to stick with prime delivery only.

10. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Prime is supposed to be two days but it’s amazing how many prime shipments take nearly a week that usually bugs me.

11. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

I’m currently waiting on a Prime delivery of a DVD from Amazon.

It should have easily been here yesterday. It shipped well within time the day before. It’s been ‘out for delivery’ since something like 8:15 am today. Currently 8pm and getting close to the end of delivery times for today (& the depot is less than 2km from my house). It’s all on the courier service in this case, at every stage.

‘Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones’ would be the title.

Yeah, first world problem, as the saying goes.*

Pax/
    Dean
    * incidentally, I recently discovered this saying is thought to have its origins in a song’s lyrics. Something by the Mathew Good Band apparently

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.