1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amazon Prime: "Pink Floyd - The Making Of The Dark Side Of The Moon"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by graybeard65, Oct 14, 2020.

1. graybeard65

graybeard65 Tele-Meister

Being a Floyd fan, when I stumbled across this, I was excited to see some of the insight and history behind one of my favorite albums.

Man, they did not disappoint! The band, the producer, the engineer - all providing memories and insight...wow, that album really stands the test of time.

Of particular note - Alan Parsons and David Gilmour spent some time isolating synth and guitar tracks, and Gilmour actually recreates some of the synth sounds and shows exactly how it was done.

Anyhow, I geeked out, and let my inner Floyd fanboy loose for 50 minutes, and really enjoyed it. I thought that maybe a few of you that hadn't heard of this or had a chance to see it might enjoy it as much as I have.

Any other great "making of" documentaries out there that we ought to know about? I'd love some great suggestions!

Weazel, Piotr, Torren61 and 4 others like this.
  2. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Seattlesurfer, Mad Kiwi and Torren61 like this.
  3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I bought it years ago when it came out.
    Simply Brilliant!

David Gilmore playing his solo acoustic version of Breathe is worth the price of admission on its own!

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Ed Driscoll

Ed Driscoll Tele-Holic

There's a follow-up for Wish You Were Here, which is equally fascinating, not least the part where Syd decides to drop in on the recording sessions.

5. Ed Driscoll

Ed Driscoll Tele-Holic

The granddaddy of 'em all is the 1992 South Bank Show on the making of Sgt. Pepper on its 25 anniversary, with George Martin, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.