1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Amazon Knows Their Pedals....

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by northernguitar, Mar 5, 2021.

1. pi

pi Tele-Meister

I bet Amazon does know pedals. They know exactly which cheap import pedals sell the most, and based their line of that.

2. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

Amazon has probably as many items as just about any site, and they also have about as many reviews as any site. There's good and bad to that. Your results get trashed by all the promoted products and there are way too many poorly written, low value reviews. However, It's not a bad place to get some sort of ideas about pricing and availability. I recommend doing additional searches to find a lower price. I'll use eBay and Google for that. If I use either of those, I try to but outside those systems. Often, there's some indication on eBay that the seller has a website. Same thing with Google and Amazon. I only but from Amazon with credits I get. This means they won't let me review anything, because they don't allow customers who pay like that to review anything. Of course, this limits quality of the reviews, and you can easily see this. There's only a few items that you probably won't find cheaper elsewhere.
    Having out Walmarted Walmart, to become number one means they can only go downhill from here, and you can already see that. Bezos going through a divorce was just the start, and soon, he'll be pushed aside by the marketing dingbats. They're buying up mall space for delivery points, which makes sense from a price point of view, as commercial real estate has cratered, but it's got a long ways to go yet, as the supply chain disintegrates and the consumer world revolts against the Chinese and their own sellout governments.
    Economies around the world will end going through a Cuba phase, and most of the boutique markets will end up getting liquidated. Value will be determined by utility and that means reliability in the coming world. Marketing will take the biggest hit, and nonsense like 'private reserve', 'wood library', 'custom shop' and 'limited edition' just won't play in a world where barter and haggle become dominant. The markets have been skewed because they are so rigged, and everybody tried to find above average returns. The banksters have looted the planet, and everybody's values have become distorted.
    Amazon is good for pictures and possibly specs. But all it really is amouints the not much more than what the classified ads in the newspapers used to be. And those were the last gasp of the newspaper industry, other than what's playing at the cinema. Consumerism and materialism are undergoing serious reconsideration by a populace that has allowed itself to be imprisoned by the most mediocre of mindsets.

3. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

No, they make money of of selling for others, as well, and they'll take anybody's ads. The system can be easily gigged, if you understand it.

4. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

The pic...the quote refers to the setup in the pic. The richest company on planet Earth could surely do better.

5. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

How many people buy a setup like that, anyway? Not too many pedalboard setups around anymore. Most neophytes buy the multifx units or just a pedal or two. All the cables and batteries soon end up causing the clueless to end up playing bass. Or video games.

6. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Afflicted

I don’t see Sweetwater adopting this posture without support from Behringer, in the form of end-end-column pricing. Sweetwater isn’t doing this alone. In fact, the two companies recently signed a partnership, and discounted product is just part of it.

https://www.guitarworld.com/amp/new...lar19-each-as-part-of-a-new-super-partnership

7. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

They don't do that. That's not how they operate. And they're far from the richest company on the planet. What you're looking at was published pretty much like eBay works. Seller does all the work, chooses pics, etc.

8. northernguitar

At $20 each, my guess is plenty would buy more than one...and then run a delay into a distortion into a compressor, based on the pic.

9. northernguitar

Richest online vendor. Not sold by their sellers, sold by them, with their name on it.

10. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

The banksters run it all, and these kind of deals have been typical in other industries for decades now. Walmart, Home Depot, etc., have used this tactic to squeeze the supply chain. Look for Sweetwater to either start franchising or get bought. They'll end up getting bought out in the end. If you're familiar with finance and LEAN initiatives, you'll know what I mean. I bet Sweetwater is implementing an ERP system, oblivious to the fact that it will merely commoditize them right into a buyout from the financiers of MF.

11. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

Inexcusable really, but the people that buy these are probably just as clueless.

northernguitar likes this.
  12. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

It's just a variation of drop shipping. They didn't buy the pieces and have a photo shoot. They got the makers to do this, and this doesn't work any different from the rest of their market. All they did was cut out the intermediary, and they probably used net 30 or more payment, leveraged by the volume. The supply chain is now getting squeezed, if you've been paying attention to shipping/freight industries. I understand what you're thinking, but the whole mess is highly overleveraged, and there's nowhere for the capital to go. If it weren't for upcoming hyperinflation, this pedal setup will be going for 29.95 for the whole setup. Mainly because there's way too much supply and way too little demand. Amazon is soon to be burdened by inventory, which they've avoided so far.

13. Richie Cunningham

Richie Cunningham Tele-Afflicted

Can’t talk now. Too busy ordering pedals.

Mouth likes this.
  14. northernguitar

They could have paid an unemployed guitarist a box of ramen to set it correctly.

JuneauMike likes this.
  15. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

In more normal times, that would be the case. But just look at the grocery stores as a precursor. The markets have changed. And your point is well taken, and that is exactly the mindset of the ERP software that runs the show. They call it AI oir 'business intelligence', but intelligence is far from wisdom, and the lackeys who enter the data don't suspect the jailbreak that is about to happen.

16. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

Amazon knows nothing. It's all in their ERP. If you've ever dealt with their customer support, you'll realize that the higher up you go, the worse it gets. If it gets as far as the office of Bezos (I've done that), you'll see how inept they are. And anyone who understands database management realizes that their system is held together by duct tape and baling wire. They thought they knew cellphones. Total disaster. They ended up having to fall back to cheap Android tablets. Corporate intelligence is inversely proportional to size.

17. Gaz_

Gaz_ Tele-Meister

Crikey, that might be the best gear deal I have ever seen.

18. northernguitar

I’m wondering how much of a hit they’ll take when the unmentionable ends and folks can shop again with ease?

19. Robert Graf

Robert Graf Tele-Meister

They're nowhere near the richest. They have massive cashflow, but that hardly equates to richest. Do you have any understanding how the corporations actually work? The simplest of procedures becomes untenably burdensome. Individual initiative is shunned. What you could do in a half hour would be far more valuable, but you'd have so much red tape to go through that it would take months for official approval. And if you went around the system, you'll either get promoted sideways or they'll burden you with excess responsibility.

20. Tjeppen

Tjeppen TDPRI Member

That's a silent circuit if you live in an appartment as not to disturb the neighbors ;)

richiek65 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.