1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

AM Transmitters

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Milspec, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

I just finished restoring a couple of Trans-Oceanic SW radios back to service and figured there were likely others on this forum that has a few old tube radios in their arsenal of stuff.

I want to add an AM transmitter to the mix so I can play vintage programming over the sets at my house / garage. I really have no experience with such items and looking for some insight.

Anyone build one or know of a place that sells them without getting into the high dollar stuff? I am just looking for good sound quality and the ability to reach maybe 30 feet at my house.

If you can point to a good kit to build or a resource that builds them, that would be a big help. I am pretty good with a soldering iron, but just as a parts hanger really and don't really understand much about circuit design.

2. PhoenixBill

PhoenixBill Tele-Meister

3. PhoenixBill

PhoenixBill Tele-Meister

I might also have a DIY circuit buried in some of my old tube radio books, I will look later.

Milspec likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.