Am Pro II Gold / Gold... What do you think?

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Limited Edition Am Pro II with roasted maple neck, shoreline gold finish, gold anodized aluminium scratchplate - I just can't decide if this is "hot or not":
1643157961702.png

What does the team say??

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Yeah….. I LIKE IT!

Shoreline gold is one of my favorites

The first picture looks like a squier guard while the second is definitely better!

IrishBread69

Tele-Meister
It's a thumbs up from me. I just bought an ultra with a roasted maple neck and it's exquisite. Would recommend and this gold on gold looks fantastic. Treat yourself!

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
For 1/3 of the money there is also this, which I'd like to see in the flesh too:
1643181676893.png

(That is actually Desert Sand, which I guess is flat colour rather than metallic, but the photos make it look more golden than Shoreline Gold!)

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Those anodized gold pick guards will always look different in different light/from different angles. For me that's part of the point, and not something any one picture will capture.

I have one on a sunburst Strat, and depending on the light it looks really deep and dark and has a sort of "sunset" effect with the finish, and other times it looks so light as to almost fool me into thinking it's a white pickguard.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I love shoreline gold and the anodized vintage plate but together, they’re adjacent on the color wheel if you know what I mean. It’s not bad. But change the plate in 5 minutes and it’s a different guitar.

Beebe

Tele-Holic
For 1/3 of the money there is also this, which I'd like to see in the flesh too:
View attachment 944576
(That is actually Desert Sand, which I guess is flat colour rather than metallic, but the photos make it look more golden than Shoreline Gold!)

It also made me think of the Duo-Sonic on which this color combo is a classic. Looks better with Desert Sand and on the Duo-Sonic. I don't think it'll stick for the Tele.

StevesBoogie

Tele-Afflicted
I'll tell ya .... the more I look at it, the more I love it. Something about the color scheme that makes all the chrome really stick out. And I'm a sucker for roasted maple necks. I love this Telecaster.