Am I The Only One Disappointed To Not Win A Guitar?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I figured my chance of winning was pretty slim considering I hadn't purchased a membership. If I had won I don't think I could have covered the shipping so it's a good thing I didn't or it could have been kinda embarrassing.

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I don't WANT to win. I don't enter contests with prizes, because I figure if I DO win one, it lessens my chances of winning the state lottery. I've been playing that since it started in 1992, and it should just about be my turn to win. I like to fantasize about the "good deeds" I could do with that kind of windfall, and the financial stability I could provide my daughter and grandson. So I'm happy for those who won guitars (and other stuff).....I'm holding out for the Big Kahuna.....;)

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I never used to get to donate to the site (other than time) so, I liked being able to donate.

From a guitar's perspective, the guitar that went to Stan Martin is gonna have an awesome life... he is such a great player.. his version of Tried so hard still blows my mind everytime I listen to it...

stormsedge, Deathray, Bones and 3 others like this.
  4. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I have gone to talk to a professional about my feelings. I am recovering, slowly.

In all seriousness, I made donations to keep the forum around, and gifted based on the benefits I received from TDPRI in the past year. Sure I would have liked to win the Ultra or American Professional, the other two not so much. But, I didn't think I had a snowballs chance of winning.

I am excited for the winners, and plan to continue donating as I am led too based on my personal rewards from being involved in the forum.

Great group of folks here. Incredible amount of knowledge transfer. Worth every penny.

stormsedge and Deathray like this.
  5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

When reading all of the congratulations pouring out, I could see pasted on smiles and hear the grinding of teeth.

Maroonandwhite likes this.
  6. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I won a CS ‘69 Stratocaster at the last stop of the Fender Custom House Road show. I don’t expect to ever win anything like it again. The idea of disappointment or dibs would never enter my mind. I consider myself pretty fortunate in life, maybe more fortunate than I deserve, even aside from winning a guitar.

7. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

you're not alone

boris bubbanov likes this.
  8. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

If that's the Gene Clark "Tried so Hard" I'd love to hear his cover if there's somewhere to direct me? Thanks GB!

getbent likes this.
  9. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

I shoulda upgraded :p

Deathray likes this.
  10. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

I commend TDPRI for making this an internationally open contest. I hate seeing Sweetwater's contest banner ads that are only open to the USA when they have no problem selling to other countries.

11. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I do it to support the site. I spend some time here everyday. I can not say that about any other site, not even my e-mail.

12. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I must have been the only one who read the contest rules and found out "no purchase was necessary". I contributed anyway and did not send in any postcard entries to try to up the odds. I did really want that blue one, and was pretty sure it was mine. I may have gotten a little ahead of myself because I hired a band, rented a tour bus, and am going to be driving up and down highway 5 between Bakersfield and Weed looking for gigs with my Peavey Reactor.

StrangerNY likes this.
  13. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

But they donated, soooo...

I get your point, though.

14. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Yes, they bought in and won and that helps keep the site going, Not complaining about that, would just like to see some of the guys that we have a connection to get a break once in a while.

Deathray, william tele and getbent like this.
  15. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Yeah, that makes me wonder - the rules specifically said that if you upgraded, you'd be eligible to win.

I had room to move up, but where's that leave guys like you!

- D

gwjensen likes this.
  16. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, I agree. I look at numbers, and I bet only about 5% or less of members are "active", so the odds are against us. Although, if I had won, I'm sure there would be a lot of people saying "Really? That butt-wipe? Ugh!" :lol:

P Thought and Bones like this.
  17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

your pictures and the sharing of thoughts and ideas and music are recompense enough. Maybe some of us should collect our craigslist 'cool but castoff' stuff and have a 'ghetto draw' where the winner get all manner of pedal and partscaster... the only capital outlay (really) would be the shipping...

P Thought and william tele like this.
  18. gwjensen

gwjensen Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Double P?

19. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

just like the lottery: you can't win if you don't play and, you won't win if you do play.

play music!

Deathray likes this.
  20. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I looked over the rules. No requirement for donation. But you have to contact them in some way. Apparently, you can send a certain amount of post cards every week. I want to know the overall stats of entrants. If it's a low number compared to say, powerball, then maybe X amount of postcards every week will significantly increase one's chances.

So, winners.... Did any of you use postcards? If so, how many? :twisted:

EDIT: OK seriously. Am I the only one who read the rules?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.