always good to know when a stolen instrument gets back to the owner.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
41ofMRMHfqL.jpg

This is Tony Franklin who amongst others played with Blue Murder, Carmine Appice and Jimmy Page in The Firm, he's seen here playing his JayDee supernatural bass in the eighties. (Obviously, look at that MULLET...)

He retired the bass from road use in the early nineties and left it in a storage compartment but found to his horror that somebody had stolen it.

Fast forward 25-odd years and a friend of Franklin's found THIS picture on Twitter.
CuBDOgMUIAAEc58.jpg:large

And went "Dude, that's your stolen bass isn't it?"

Which led to him getting his bass back.

And look how happy he is, I can't blame him.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Glad he got it back! That's a pretty rare thing to happen, especially after so many years. Literally anything could've happened to it in that time, including being destroyed. He's lucky and glad that worked out for him!

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Glad he got it back! That's a pretty rare thing to happen, especially after so many years. Literally anything could've happened to it in that time, including being destroyed. He's lucky and glad that worked out for him!
Well, not that long ago, Billy Corgan got his "Gish" era strat back, something he never thought would happen.

Look at how happy he is, it's much like having a long lost lover back into your life.

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
LOL! That's quite an altar that person built around it.
If I heard him correctly in the video, it was a "dear friend" and big fan that came across it just a few years after it was missing, bought it for himself, built the display case, and told Tony he could 'visit it.' !? Then twenty years later he decides to give it free back to Tony. I think that's a little weird that he didn't give it back right away? o_O

Good to hear that Tony got his bass back. Looking forward to him getting the active circuit working again.
Sounds like he didn't check the battery. :lol: Hopefully it's back soon and he makes sone new, cool music with it!