1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Always buying the same stuff over and over again

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Sotakoira Musti, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Afflicted

I have major issues with pedals and pedalboards. I buy something, use it, sell it and eventually buy it again after some time.

I’ve had 4x Strymon Lex, 2x Deco, 3x Keeley 30 ms, 4x Cioks DC5 link or no link, 2x Xotic RC booster, 4x Pedaltrain nano, 3x TC Polytune 2-3 and the list goes on. You get the idea.

Today I put up a new bedroom board, 4th nano with 4th DC5, 3rd Polytune, 3rd Keeley and suprisingly my 1st Zvex BOR.

DB1A866D-4E98-4E9D-B084-31C3B30B9CB2.jpeg

FA7DBDDC-3BBA-4C5B-AD0C-15D2173A330C.jpeg

Could I squeeze one more Lex in the open slot? :) Fender Pinwheel might be good too.

I didn’t mean to have a bedroom board anymore, but AC4 needs some reverb, and tuner would be nice, oh why not just get a new board and powerplant!

Btw, measure at least 3 times until you take the puncher and drill... Well, it’s lighter now when having 2 extra holes.

Deathray likes this.
  2. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Frankly - I don't know what to comment on this.....I mean, those are all quality pedals, why selling them in the first place???
    Finnish people are odd, must be the long dark winter nights.....sorry, no offence, mate!
    And congrats to your new...old...renewed...rebuilt....resurrected.... ah, whatever, congrats to your bedroom-pedalboard!

3. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Q: How many MIAB pedals does it take to make a Marshall sound like a Marshall?

A: Not sure yet get back to me on that.

5. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I think I only ever bought 2 pedals back. A Timmy and Sib Cuda.

6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've seen other people on here do the same thing, I don't think it has to do with being Finnish.

Frankly I'm shocked he has so many non-Beatles related pedals.

Sotakoira Musti likes this.
  7. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

You have to trust yourself. You had a good reason for getting rid of it, which means you will remember that reason too late.

Teleslinger2B likes this.
  8. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Yup, same here.

There is so much to try out there in geartopia that sometimes you get lost on the journey and forget what you’ve preferred/what has worked for you all along. I’ve definitely sold/rebought/sold a number of pedals.

I’m now back to a Boss ME-50 for the third time. Its not as exciting as buying boutique pedals all the time, but also not as expensive and it’s a good sounding variety of sounds that gives me what I need. Hoping third time is a charm.

9. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Sometimes I think I may be a little bit ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd ocd....

10. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

I've mostly stopped flipping pedals, even cheaper ones, to avoid having to buy one yet again.

My specific problem was that I loved modding stuff like SD-1s and DS-1s, so I used to have at least four of each. But then I let them all go, thinking I'd never want to use one regularly (the modding/experimentation was more appealing than actually using them regularly). So after I realized that, I got another SD-1 to go with the one that I kept, and pretty much the same thing with the DS-1.

I have a Neunaber Immerse MkII that I don't really care for. I like my HOF 2 much more. But I know that if I get rid of the Immerse, I'll probably discover that it would have worked out for some rig that I don't currently have. So it's staying with me, despite getting very little use.

11. Sotakoira Musti

I think pedals, boards and powerplants are as cheap as a bar of soap, so it’s easy to buy them. They’re easy to get rid of, and even easier to rebuy.

That makes me an idiot. I never learn.

Mike_LA likes this.
  12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I noticed that happening too, so I simply kept pedals instead of selling them. I thought, well they can't just sit in a storage box so I made a third "trash" board. I wanted to sell a Pedaltrain Jr. Nah, just kept it and bought another Cioks for it....ugh.

Fluddman and Festofish like this.
  13. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

14. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dude you gotta admit you’re a collector and therefor never have to sell anything ever again! As for the extra space...PINWHEEL all the way! I will never part with mine.

15. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Well, I think you need a new amp.
    After years of using pedals trying to make my fender sound like a marshall, I got a marshall.
    100 watts of crystal cleans to rival my fenders, massive marshall crunch, master volume to fit ANY venue.
    My pedal board is and has been for years now, a tuner and a spring reverb (6G15)
    Just sayin.......

oldfish and Sotakoira Musti like this.
  16. Teleslinger2B

Teleslinger2B TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

I can’t help you since I really don’t know much about pedals etc YET. I am a short cut taker for the time being with Positive Grid Spark amp. Someday

17. Sotakoira Musti

Well, I’m thinking about that 2021 model ’68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb actually...

18. nic'o'caster

nic'o'caster Tele-Afflicted

19. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Well, if it does what you are trying to make your pedals do, go for it.
    You will spend less time twiddling and more time playing

20. colnago

colnago Tele-Meister

I don’t have that problem as I don’t sell or get rid of any of my gear. I keep it all, good and bad.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.