1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Aluminum Bridge - Gotoh Wrap Around on Explorer?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Fixcinater, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Fixcinater

Fixcinater TDPRI Member

I have an '01 Explorer, typical Nashville heavy chromed bridge and tailpiece. I've top-wrapped it ever since I heard about the technique in 2010 or so.

Recently decided to pick up a cheap aluminum stop bar (tail-piece) on eBay and got what seems to be a Gotoh 3047 which I believe is designed to be a wrap-around bridge since it has the adjusting screws.

Not exactly what I ordered but I can just pull the adjustment screws if there's no reason I can't run this as just a stop-bar.

2. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

A picture might be helpful.

3. Fixcinater

Fixcinater TDPRI Member

I'll grab some photos but I changed it out and wow, I really enjoy the change in tone from the aluminum tail piece. Even just playing it without an amp is more enjoyable now, brighter and snappier tone, if that makes sense.

Stock piece is/was 89 grams, alu is 32 without the adjustment screws (as noted in previous post).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.