Alpha pot solid shafts

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Aren't the Alpha available with longer threaded shanks like CTS are? Some CTS are too short to use a lock washer also... You need 3/8" long bushing.
I guess they are not available from Alpha.

I try to save those really thin lock washers to use with those short bushing pots and use the thicker normal star washers for longer pots.

These are thin, (switch size, will work on pots though) but there are also pot size ones that are super thin with a 3/8" ID.
https://www.cedist.com/products/lock-washer-carling-internal-tooth-toggle-and-foot-switches

Last edited:

King Fan

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
I was under the impression Alphas came in short-shaft (like for guitars) and longer shaft (like for amps). Speaking of long shaft, many folks like to use star washers under their pots, even if they don't do the old-style ground to the pot case. Prevents pot rotation, don't ya know.

As an idle observation, it's funny how slagging on product B in a question about product A can turn a 'request for help' into a bit of a flame fest...

tobyk

Tele-Meister
I've used the 24mm .375" bushing Alphas and haven't noticed any real dimensional differences from CTS. The shafts were .25" by .33". Do yours maybe have .25" length threaded bushings? I believe most amp pots are .375". I've never used the 8mm bushing Alphas.
The pot diameter on both brands I have here is 24 mm, bushing diameter 8 mm.
I believe the bushing lenght is about 6 mm (1/4”) on the Alphas, and the shaft 9 mm (3/8”) for a total shaft lenght of 15 mm. Those short suckers are the only 2M solid shaft I can find out there. On the CTS the bushing length is about 8 mm (5/16”) and the total shaft length is 18 mm.

Last edited:

tobyk

Tele-Meister