1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Allrighty, where were we, now about that Trademark 120 combo

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bill Beck, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Bill Beck

Bill Beck Tele-Meister

Would it be a good "Swiss Army Knife", with a good powerful clean tone avail.?

Unadan likes this.
  2. bentele

bentele TDPRI Member

Hi Bill

I like your choice of picture. Terry Kath is the reason I wanted and finally got a Tele.

Ben :D

Unadan likes this.
  3. Bill Beck

Bill Beck Tele-Meister

Agreed! It's too bad he went and did a dumb thing like he d

Who knows how great he'd be if he were still alive today. Chicago would be a heck-of-alot better that's for sure. Maybe they wouldn't have become the "ballad kings" like they have. :(

Unadan likes this.
  4. maxvintage

maxvintage Poster Extraordinaire

trademark 120

Well I can only say about the trademark ten, which I spent a lot of time with, that I didn't like the clean tone, but that i thought the marshall type tones were excellent and the california tone--I just don't like that style anyway. The tone stack was extremley powerful, but I could not get a deep clean fender tone. It never had the sparkle or the depth.

It sounded a little better through my princeton reverb's Weber speaker. Maybe the trademark 120 is diffferent

On the other hand, I like tech 21 products on the whole--I never do a bass gig without the sansamp bass driver DI

Tim S and Unadan like this.
  5. halouis

halouis Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

yeah i have the TM10 and like MaxVitnage said, i dont much like hte ultra clean. very flat and 1 dimenstional. no soparkle at all. That said, the crunchy fender up tothe screaming Marshall-eque and boogie tones are outstanding.

NOW the larger versions of this amp the TM60 and TM120 I have never tried, but they are supposed to be way better on the clean tones from what I have read. but you should just try it for yourself.

ALSO while I live my TM10, i tyhink its terrif9ic for house volume playing and direct recording. But I'd much rather use my other amps for jamming/gigging.

just give it a try and see if it works for you. Tech21 makes great stuff IMHO

Unadan likes this.
  6. bdkphoto

bdkphoto Tele-Meister

tm120

I've had the Tradmark 60 for a couple of years before selling it. It was
    versatile, nice tones all the way around, channel 1 was Fender, which was
    Ok, the second channel did the mesa boogie/marshall vibe also pretty
    well. My overall feeling was that it did things well, but not great. There's
    good head room on channel one, second channel will always have some if
    not alot of dirt. The tone controls are Active, ie will boost mids bass treble
    as well as cut, and this allows for some excellent tone shaping. The reverb
    is noisy. The amp did sound really nice at low volume. All in all I don't
    miss it, I've since got a SF Princeton Reverb, and find the authentic Fender
    much better than the Tech 21 60's.

Unadan likes this.
  7. the Dharma Bum

the Dharma Bum TDPRI Member

25 or 6 to 4

Trumpet teacher played me the cut and now the old horn is in the closet and I've room full of guitars.

Unadan likes this.
  8. Bill Beck

Bill Beck Tele-Meister

I tried the Trademark 120 out at Sam Ash today...

It ain't gonna cut it. The clean just breaks up too soon for what I need. I actually preferred my long sold Trademark 60 to the 120...I'm going with a Rivera M60 1X12 with a 12" JBL instead.

Terry Kath RULES! ;)

Unadan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.