1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Allparts Tele Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Rick Richtmyer, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Rick Richtmyer

Rick Richtmyer NEW MEMBER!

I'm building an Allparts tele. I'm using a bound sunburst body TBF-35BB, A Tele 6-saddle bridge 099 0807-200, and Tele Texas special custom shop pickups.

If I assemble the pickup to the bridge plate, I can't get the plate to come anywhere near lining up with the holes in the body where the strings come through. In fact when I line up the holes in the bridge plate with the holes in the guitar body (without a pickup attached) I have to slide the plate so far back (away from the neck) that the routed out area for the pickup is slightly exposed. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Rick

2. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

This is likely a situation where the body was drilled for a 3-saddle bridge, but you are installing a 6-saddle bridge with a different string-through hole location.

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's what I was thinking. Pics here would help, or just contacting allparts; if LocustPlague is right there may be no defect in your body, and allparts would have gotten this question countless times already.

4. gsh1968

gsh1968 Tele-Holic

5. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.