1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Allergy sufferers, how are you doing this spring?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, May 21, 2019.

1. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Reading this thread tells me I’m not alone. I get the shots and have used every spray and pill under the sun but still get symptoms. I do think the shots have helped because now the symptoms are more manageable and I don’t get repeated sinus infections any more. It is pretty bad here this spring in MI.

When I start sneezing it’ll usually last 35-40 sneezes. A friend at hunt camp tells me “you’ve gotta let it out!” as though that’ll help. I’m amazed by and envious of my friends who have zero seasonal allergies.

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow, never heard of such an extreme reaction.
    But, you are blowtorch...

Maybe try Flonase or Nasacort.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I slept like, 11 hours.

Yeah. It's not all groupies and guitars, all the time. It has it's challenges, too.

telemnemonics likes this.
  4. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

There are three OTC non-drowsy antihistamines-- all with generic equivalents-- Allegra, Zyrtec, and Claritin. If one of them makes you drowsy, try another.
    Different people do better on one or the other. For me all three of them are fine but I feel slightly more lethargic on Zyrtec than the others.

telemnemonics likes this.
  5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I found Zyrtec the most effective and don't seem to have a lethargy reaction.
    But I'm generally too durn wired so might not even notice a dab of lethargy.
    As you say, we each need to try them and see which one is best.

6. blowtorch

I'd gotten some respite over the weekend. Now, they're BAAAA-AAAAACCCKKKKK. ugh

7. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

This wet weather is going to be the death oh me...

8. blowtorch

My left eye is nearly swollen shut, and very weepy. And any direct light is very painful, in a way that I can feel clear back in my throat

Nose is running constantly

9. blowtorch

once again, thankfully there was some relief over the weekend, but now, consciousness is miserable again.

10. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

11. blowtorch

12. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

It's quite simple if you're still living near me. The tree and other pollen is stirring around again. Yesterday between 21:00 - 22:00 a front came through and wind changed from 0 - 4 MPH to 15 - 17 MPH with 30+ gusts. None of the Sunday rain forecasts happened, or happened with enough gusto to change things.

13. blowtorch

Judging by your posts, it does seem we must be very near each other. You know Outback Steakhouse on the west side? I could probably hit that building with a rock, standing on my front porch, if a couple of other buildings weren't in the way

14. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I know where that is. I worked at the first new building on that road in the early 90s. We're not far. We're over the hill you see from the brewery. No steakhouse, but Outbacks are very common here. 2 in our Circle, two behind us, and 3 around the corner.

15. unbridled

unbridled Tele-Holic

Well, we had snow as late as a week ago and it was 90 yesterday, so, for the six hours we had spring, my allergies were about like normal. I'm allergic to everything.

16. blowtorch

I've got a drs appntmnt Mon. I'm hoping she can help .
    I know others around here have had problems too, but mine seem very extreme. I'm okay for a few days, and then they hit again.
    Nearly debilitating when I have them. It's like sand in my eyes, my nose runs constantly, and my sinuses are very congested. Normal light often *hurts*. I have to turn the brightness on my computer monitors way down. It's kind of a wonder I've not missed work from it. I slept like 11 hours last night, because I had them so bad, I didn't want to even try do do anything.

I feel like I'm missing summer. Which, when you live in Wisconsin, is a very bad thing

I've tried different OTC 24 hour things. I don't think they are helping. Or maybe, it would be REALLY BAD without them

17. blowtorch

never experienced an allergy season anything like this

18. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Suffering.

Raleigh NC still has high grass pollen advisory, and our air quality in general sucks.

I have COPD really bad. Guys at church keep teasing me, that when I get one of those Imogen o2 enhancers their gonna make me sit in the back.

I could care less as long as I'm on this side of the dirt.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.