Allen Eden stepping up their game

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dented, Apr 9, 2021.

1. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

I have been buying guitar cases for several years now from Allen Eden. I like their gator and paisley cases. They have nice sales so I can get them under $100 a piece and they get delivered in a day or so because they are right here in Los Angeles. SO I get free shipping. But in the last two years they have been adding products and they are now selling bodies (the guitar type) and kits. The prices are entry level low. Has anyone bought any of these new bodies? I want to buy one just to see. I don't need it I have 3 builds already started. But man if they are really good maybe I should get one and practice new skills.

https://aeguitars.com/collections/allen-eden-guitar-and-bass-guitar-bodies

2. Refugee

Refugee Tele-Meister

That's a shame. I just ordered a gig bag for my 7-string a few days ago.

3. RedRhino

RedRhino TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Not sure about their cases but I recently bought a body that was absolute crap. Not one part of it met specs- of any sort. The finish was wavy and over sprayed.
    Customer support was a joke. Not worth the cost of shipping to return it. Kindling! Chalk it up to a lesson well learned. You get what you pay for.

4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for letting us know. I did not try to purchase one yet. I still like their cases.

5. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

That's too bad. It sounds like they're comparable to GFS bodies, you may get something good or bad, it's just luck of the draw.

Generally, I can make these parts work somehow though. I've done enough cigar box type guitars to put strings on just about anything and get an interesting sound from it. But, if you want a really good, low stress, partscaster, spending more is always a good idea.

6. RedRhino

RedRhino TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

I’ve had much better experiences with GFS bodies and they have decent support and treat customers well. AE needs to go into another line of business- their bodies are absolute crap.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.