All your guitars are destroyed ... you have 2000$

Nick Fanis

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
A used Am Std strat and a used Am std tele from the early 90s (flatpole 90s Fender pickups used in Am std strats are awesome) + a decent Tele bridge pickup for the Tele cause tele bridge pickups from that era aren't that good and lack a baseplate.

Mike SS

Poster Extraordinaire
Pick up an Alvarez/Yamaha acoustic in the $500 range. Snag a hardshell for another $80. Plenty of nice MIM Fender and Squier Tele models to be had with the remaining $1400. Definitely grab another Squier Paranormal Cabronita Thinline. It has become my favorite grab. My current one is Olympic white with pups and guard, but this one is a new model and has caught my eye. Cabronita Thinline.jpg Fender Limited Edition Tele.jpg The beauty in the case is my new MIM Fender 75th Anniversary Special Edition. I bought it on sale for around $650, and another $100 for the Fender HSC.

Last edited:

marc2211

Tele-Afflicted
Hmm, tricky. Just one more expensive guitar, or a few cheaper ones?

I’d be very happy with: ~400 on a CV 60’s Tele, putting a HB in the neck. ~400 on a CV 50’s/60’s Strat. ~400 on an Epi LP (swapping in new PUs)… leaving -800. This covers all bases.

(I could probably do the same buying 2 Vintera model guitars and the LP, bringing myself up to 2k).

I may be tempted by something like a D’Angelico Premier DC with the extra 800, but I’ve never played one, just wanted to try one.

I may try and track down the same model as the guitar that had served me for 25 years, an early 90s MIJ ST54 Strat… although they are up to ~1k used now.

In reality, I’d probably just a nice CV Strat and pocket the extra.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
View attachment 920839
This would do it for me but I'd ditch the mint guard at the first opportunity.

To each his own of course, but I felt the neck of an American Ultra yesterday and that thing was unbelievably coarse. :confused:

That feeling is so not what I'm looking for in a Fender neck.

Tried a couple of Player Strats as well and those necks were smooth to the point of slippery.

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
here in Oz you'd get a Telecaster or a Taylor 214CE no dearer.

Tele-friend , What do you like about this post? Things are hugely expensive here. Most US citizens can't afford to travel here.
Your house prices are at least a 1/4 of ours. What's to like? You can't even get a pancake, maple syrup and coffee breakfast for less than $ 15 . It's not a like, it cost a fortune to live here.
We go to Asian countries for warm , cheap holidays and goods. It's too expensive to travel here, and we earn big bucks, no-one goes to work for less than $1000,000 and that's almost poverty level. Be thankful for you cheap housing. I'd own a few by now if I were a US citizen.

beagle

Poster Extraordinaire
Tele-friend , What do you like about this post? Things are hugely expensive here. Most US citizens can't afford to travel here.
Your house prices are at least a 1/4 of ours. What's to like? You can't even get a pancake, maple syrup and coffee breakfast for less than $ 15 . It's not a like, it cost a fortune to live here.
We go to Asian countries for warm , cheap holidays and goods. It's too expensive to travel here, and we earn big bucks, no-one goes to work for less than $1000,000 and that's almost poverty level. Be thankful for you cheap housing. I'd own a few by now if I were a US citizen.

Ouch! It's bad enough here, the last couple of years haven't helped any.

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
I'd own a few by now if I were a US citizen
Who said anything about me being an US citizen? I live in EU, which you can check on my profile anytime.
For what it is worth, the prices of real estates here have always been expensive and have gone considerably up in the last 5 years. And now after/during this pandemic, well the inflation keeps inflating the prices of everything.
Regarding guitars they have always been a lot more expensive here than in the states.

Tele-friend , What do you like about this post?
I really dont understand what you ment with this question. The point of this thread is which guitar would you buy now, if you didnt have any. Why in this scenario, in this game you dont have any guitars or what happened with them doesnt really matter.

P.s. since you thought I live in US, I will take this as a compliment about my English :rolleyes:

Last edited:

brenn

Tele-Afflicted
I'd buy a Les Paul model with bound body and neck and carry on. Probably go for a Classic, Standard or Traditional Pro model - whatever was in the price range and felt right.

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Since I play my Les Pauls 75% of the time over my Fender guitars.

I would used Gibson Les Paul Traditional (Standard model) for about $1700. Certain years have a 50’s neck, no weight relief, ‘57’s, and the Traditional models are very nice guitars for the money.

Last edited: