All your guitars are destroyed ... you have 2000$

Redleg37

Tele-Meister
A used inexpensive p bass, a Wylde P-46 pickup and a Kellingsound varitone; and probably a Yamaha Revstar and/or a Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I'd buy two new unfinished bodies and two new or used (59 or fatback with 6100 frets) Warmoth necks.
Then get busy assembling my sig model guitars that are not available from any name brands.
For the $2000 I can buy parts to make three guitars and maybe even four if I'm lucky.
I have boxes of parts already but even starting from scratch I find world class parts much cheaper than comparable quality world class brand name guitars. And I'm a guitar tech so it's not a gamble, easy to dial in unhappily married parts.

As for Squier and Epi, those would be on my list if I only had a few days to be ready for some performance, but unless some freak event of cheap awesome manufacturing accident fell in my lap I'd probably buy fewer top shelf guitars.
Partly because I can't stand thin necks and can't play small frets.
Squier and Epi are all about the thin necks and small or low wide AKA medium jumbo frets.

421JAM

Tele-Holic
I’d probably get MJT to put together a Tele for me in Daphne Blue with a Closet Clean finish, or Inca Silver with some yellowing. Maybe put a TV Jones filtertron in the neck position.

Hell, I’m turning 50 in April. Maybe I’ll spring for it.

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm thinking thinline USA tele with Bigsby and TV Jones pups. Used. I think I could find that for around 2Gs.

Or maybe a USA PRS. Used. I've been kind of missing the cu24 I was forced to sell back in 02.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I don't recognize that distinctive headstock but it sure looks like a sweet guitar. What do you have there?

It's a Takamine EF340S BG, now discontinued but closely replicated by the EF340S-TT, same guitar as far as I can tell but with a "torrified" top. All-solid 'hog with 1 3/4" nut, ebony board, split saddle.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
One of these. I could be happy with just this one. After that, once money became available, a Strat. That would be all I could want or need.

DarkNight.png

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
If push came to shove I probably go this route:

Partscaster (Tele or Strat, coin toss required). Ash body, Allparts neck, Fralin Real 54s pickups or Lollar Vintage T's

Yamaha parlor CSF1M (have one, great little acoustic after some tweaks)

Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass

Last edited:

Tele-friend

Tele-Holic
Wouldn’t my steel reso survive the fire? Okay, geez … no reso.:(
Hehe, LOL :lol: Yeah, sorry, no steel reso. But dont worry, next morning you wake up and all your guitars are still there ;)

I'd buy a used epiphone acoustic for 150.00 put the rest in Crypto and wait 9 months. Cash out and be all set. then give the epiphone to a kid.
Like a boss! :cool:

Clarifying question:

My wife and I share instruments to a large degree....do we get 2 grand each, or total?
Hehehe, now you are just blackmailing me :lol: Alright, I give you 2500$ total :p

Last edited: