All your guitars are destroyed ... you have 2000$

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
There has been lots of threads about our #1 guitars, our beater guitars, guitars we have had for the longest time, guitars with sentimental value etc. But in this thread here is how we are going to play.
The bad thing: Let us imagine that ALL of our guitars were destroyed ... let us say that there was a big fire. Or whatever. Bottom line, all the guitars are gone. :(
The good thing: Our amps and pedals and all our other accessories are intact. :)
The question: You have about 2000$ which you can spend on guitar(s). What would be the first guitar you would buy with this money? Would you buy one or more guitars? New or used? Leave it as it is or spend a part of the money for upgrades?

Pictures wanted ;)

Man, it is a hard question... Here is how I am thinking. I would definetly buy two guitars. One would be an Epiphone or a Squier and the other one Fender or maybe Gibson Studio/Tribute. One with single coils or HS configuration, other with HH configuration.

In the end I think I would try to find a good used Fender Telecaster Custom and a new Epiphone Les Paul gold top. If I would be within 2000$, that would be super nice (looking at reverb, it is possible). Pics below. :cool:

tele-70s-american-original-usa-sh-rw-hd-167141.jpg

IMG_1878-510x680.jpg

Last edited:

no doz

Tele-Meister
i split the money and allocate half to a guitar and half to a bass, likely frankenstein them both together out of parts.

would definitely build myself a precision bass, the guitar is a little bit of a harder choice. might be a fender mustang with a single coil in the neck and a PAF in the bridge

Sconnie

Friend of Leo's
An '05 SG standard and a '62AVRI Custom Telecaster, like I already have! Could I get out at/under $2000? Maybe...

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
Howdy Tele.....

Well...as much as I love the Gold Top I don't think my playing style caters well to it. (are they still heavy @ 10#'s + -? :) )
The lead player my 70's band (Ambush) had one and I did have some envy.

My two axes are in my avatar. (I have a MOR acoustic I bought in '75 also)
I'd stick to replacing my Tele and the Guild D40.

But....I'd love to have a 335 also....so, I may go that route than replacing the Guild.
Ken (klasaine) has a damn fine Ibanez 335 that I might make an offer to take it off his hands....but, he'd likely laugh at the solicitation and offer some blunt, colorful expletives instead. :)

Have a great day amigos....

Last edited: