All the way from Memphis...actually no, London England!

TeleGuyLondon

TDPRI Member
Hi everyone,
thank you for allowing me to join this most esteemed group of Telelovers: much appreciated!
I am, lucky for me, a professional musician and I must admit that the guitar I tend to play the most is a Les Paul however I have always loved the Telecaster and those wonderful "Telemasters" players we all know and Luv(!): I would say it's 60% Les Paul and 40% Telecaster. Moreover, for some weird reason, I find a Tele being closer to a Les Paul, both in terms of sound & feel, than any other guitar...? I find going from one to the other way more natural than going, for example, from a Strat to a Les Paul or even from a Strat to a Tele; Telecasters & Les Pauls seem to complement each other beautifully...
In the pictures below is my beloved Telecaster, a 2012 Made in Mexico one to which I made the following modifications:
1) Fender locking tuners
2) Tusq nut
3) Seymour Duncan Vintage Broadcaster neck pickup
4) Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder bridge pickup
5) Fender American bridge w/brass saddles
6) Neck, back & front, sanded with the finest sandpaper available

I bought it rather cheap and instantly fell in love with it; in all honesty I could've kept it all original as it was absolutely fine as it was, especially after having sanded the neck which not only improved feel & playability but also the overall sound(!) however as I started using it more & more those mods slowly seemed logical, and it's now an absolutely killer guitar!
Have a great day everyone!

IMG_1498.jpeg
IMG_1496.jpeg

TeleGuyLondon

TDPRI Member
Howdy and Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas
🤠🤠🤠

Very cool guitar, BTW
Thank you, when I bought it the previous/original owner obviously hardly ever played it(?) and it was a straight white but now, after two years of continuous playing, studio but also heaps of live work all over the UK, the body has turned a beautiful ivory colour, and the scratch plate a lovely, light yellow/gold.
Soon I’ll be using it for a late 60’s/early 70’s Rock influenced recording project, and for a massive Jimmy Page fan such as myself, it’s just perfect!