I recently replaced the original Utah 12" in my 1974 Deluxe Reverb with a new Eminence George Allesandro SC64 12". It came out great, but it was much more difficult than I expected. I'm hoping that sharing my experience here will help others. First off, the placement of the screws in the baffle board did not line up with holes in the new speaker basket. The new speaker basket is signficantly larger than the one for the old Utah speaker. I don't think this is just Eminence. I think most modern speaker baskets are slightly larger. Rather than damage the new speaker basket, we decided to remove the screws and redrill the screw holes in the baffle to accomodate the new speaker. This required a late night run to Home Depot to buy an extra long drill bit... Thank God for extended hours! When removing the speaker basket screws from the baffle board, I noticed that 2 of the 8 screws were significantly shorter than the rest. These are the screws for the bottom of the speaker basket. These short screws leave room for the reverb tank. Who knew?! I bet Wally knew, but I sure didn't! LOL Replacing the speaker required the following steps: 1) Remove all wires from chassis 2) Remove the entire chassis from the cabinet, including unbolting the cable clips for the AC cord. 3) Remove reverb tank from cabinet 4) Remove the old speaker 5) Remove the grill cloth (it was just velcro'd on) 6) Remove the speaker basket screws 7) Trace the new speaker holes onto the baffle to make sure that the new holes would line up correctly 8) Drill new holes in the baffle and remount the basket screws, remembering to countersink the heads into the front of the baffle 9) Camoflage the old holes with black marker 10) Bolt in the new speaker 11) Return chassis to cabinet 12) Return reverb tank to cabinet After we got the chassis back in the cabinet, that's when we noticed that two of the screws were shorter... Doh! LOL Luckily we didn't need to remove the chassis again, but it was close... Now I know! After we returned the short screws to their correct positions near the reverb tank, we remounted the back panels and the grill. I was ready to throw in the towel and hire a professional, but my friend who was helping me was more resourceful than I am and he made sure it got done right! (Thanks Ted! ) Hope this saves a few headaches out there!