Alice Cooper Monday!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

I spun all Alice Cooper today!

Love it To Death, Killer, Schools Out and Billion Dollar Babies! The original band.

I didn't listen to that much Alice as a kid! Been 40 years since I put on an AC tune!

Much more influential than I recall. Well I guess now that I have that much more music I've listened I can connect more dots.

One thing that stood out was Killer sounds a lot like Quadrophenia which it predated by 2 full years.... Heck every tune on Killer sounds like something else!

I Love The Dead and Dead Babies still a tough listens though....

Tarkus60

Tele-Holic
My teenage years was Alice Cooper......We had tickets for the 1975 Welcome to my Nightmare Tour. A ice storm cancelled the concert.....no refund.

KWal

Tele-Meister
I've been on an Alice Cooper kick lately. "From the Inside" is my personal favorite, but Special Forces and Zipper Catches Skin also rate way up there.

That man has a great collection. Check out Detroit Stories if you have a chance, kind of a throw back to '70's Era Cooper.

zeke54

Tele-Afflicted
Killer was my favorite !! It came out in my senior year , I recall blasting it on the 8 track in my Chevy driving through town or out drinkin' with the guys ! Halo of Flies was my favorite track . I got a CD of Killer a few years back , also Love it to Death , gonna have to dig them out now !

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
I like the Coop <iframe width="833" height="469" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shango66

Friend of Leo's
AC was the last concert I saw before CV19 hit.
He was great, great band too.
Such a great catalog of well crafted songs.
Enjoy your day w Alice

KATT

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
I've seen him a few times in recent years, including with the Hollywood Vampires. Always spectacularly entertaining. I prefer the original band albums over the 80s hired songwriter songs, but they're still good too.

He has a radio show on UK's Planet Rock which is always a good listen. He has stories to tell about all the music he plays!

1guy

Tele-Meister
Love Alice. He was my generation's Marilyn Manson...

I think my brother had a giant poster of him in the room we shared..right next to the Zeppelin one and many others we displayed...no idea whatever happened to the drawing I did of his greatest hits album.

I remember my dad coming home from work, one Friday night, while I was watching In Concert. "Who is that hippie" was his only question.

Learning to play School's Out and No More Mr Nice Guy were early victories in my recent guitar playing.

Big_Bend

Poster Extraordinaire
Joe Bonamassa had Alice as a guest recently for an hour long interview in his Nerdville series. Great stuff! And Alice is a super nice guy too.