Alex Turner, Telecaster

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Holic
Not sure if any Arctic Monkeys fans have a TDPRI account, but you can count me as a devoted fan of the Arctic Monkeys.

Their guitarist, Alex Turner, is primarily recognizable as a Strat and Les Paul player, but he also has played a Telecaster. This picture shows Alex playing a Blue Telecaster Custom with Bigsby at their 2008 Glastonbury gig on the track The Last Shadow Puppets.

1654916134834.png

He also owns a butter blonde Fender Telecaster, which he used on their cover of Reptilia. I believe he acquired this Tele around 2005.

1654916199332.png

That Tele could be a 52 reissue, or it could be a CBS Telecaster or a pre-CBS (in this case, sometime between 1952 to early 1959) Telecaster.
I think Alex Turner has a very good ability with the songs he writes, not to mention he is an excellent guitarist. But if anyone has info on his Telecasters please let me know.

JesterR

Tele-Afflicted
He is into Fenders definitely. But honestly, I like their later, darker Surf-meets QOTSA sound. And this sound is not associated with tele twang for me. More with his Jazzmaster etc.
However, earlier albums with more straightforward attitude was very cool at that time. I've started listen them in 2007, so I feel, like every step in their sound and songwriting is somehow was relevant with my taste at that time. And still is.