Alex Trebeck

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Preacher, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I am sure it has been posted about his recent diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I was doing a little reading and he mentioned his biggest regret.

"I'm pretty satisfied with my life," he told the magazine. "But my wife Jean and I have been together almost 29 years, and I was thinking about President Bush when he died, and all the comments about his life about what a nice guy he is, and how he and his wife had been together 73 years. I thought, oh my gosh … if I'd just met Jean in my 20s we could have had a longer life together." He went on to joke, "I guess if I'd met her when I was in my 20s she wouldn't have been born yet. But hey, 29 years is pretty good!" The couple's 24-year age difference aside -- she was reportedly 26 when they met -

Alex is 78 and there is a 24 year age difference in him and his wife, so she is 54 today. They have been together 29 years so he was 49 and she was 25 when they married.

I thought young women marrying older men was a more recent development. Don't get me wrong, you are a young beautiful woman and can choose between an older man who has resources or a guy your age who plays XBox in his Mom's basement. I think I know who I would choose should I be in that situation. I guess young women marrying older guys has been going on much longer than I thought.

2. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

Its been going on ever since we became a species. There are many instances throughout history of this. The more money and power one has, the more attractive a partner they become.

I think its just so much more visible today with the constant media exposure that powerful and wealthy people get. And since money has been concentrated more and more amongst fewer and fewer people you see a lot of it today.

Back on track, I enjoy watching Jeopardy. I wish Alex all the best in fighting this terrible disease.

3. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

I just want everyone to know that I wish the best for Alex in his battle with Cancer. I just lost a co-worker last year to PC so I know how tough that diagnosis is.

I also want to point out that for all of his good fortune in life, the one thing he wishes is he had more time with the one he loves. That is great.

4. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

His net worth is 50M, same as Vanna White's. Pat Sajak's is 65M. I thought they made a lot more.

5. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

I'm surprised that Sajak and Vanna white are worth more. Trebek must have spent some. I always thought Jeoparty more popular....

6. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

He seems like one of those personalities who might outlive us all. May God bless him as he tries his dangedest to do just that.
    He certainly has the right attitude for the fight, from what I've read and heard.

bender66 and Nickadermis like this.
  7. haggardfan1

Why on earth would this even be relevant??

8. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    It isn't.

If there is any slagging in this thread, heads will roll. Got it?

PC is a terrible thing. It just doesn't present in a way it can be identified until it is usually too late.

On the other hand, the other night, after Trebeck made his announcement, local news interviewed a 5 year survivor. So, it can be beaten.

9. haggardfan1

If I somehow misspoke, I am sorry. I just don't see how wealth or net worth plays a part in his health issue, much less this thread.

Maybe people are right about this place and the perceived downturn since the transition. I was only trying to support a TV host who has been around longer than I have.

10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    You did nothing wrong.

Trust me.

11. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Buckocaster was agreeing with you, as do I--it is not relevant.
    Good luck to Alex, for his courage in discussing it, and I wish him strength in fighting it.

12. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I'll take staring death in the face for $500.

nojazzhere and SacDAve like this.
  13. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

We wish Alex Trebeck the best … he will beat this .

nojazzhere, DHart and SacDAve like this.
  14. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

My prayers go out to anyone fighting this ! I’ll say flat out that it scares the heck out of me most days.

15. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

”Alex Trebeck”

Yet another good Canadian kid...seriously, I wish him all the best

16. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

Wasn't it Ben Orr from the Cars who played a concert the weekend before he died of PC? Talk about fightin' it...

nojazzhere likes this.
  17. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Nothing like hearing the “C” word from your doctor real game changer, but sometimes it works out. Best of luck for Alex, never get tired of watching him.

tery likes this.
  18. jazzereh

jazzereh Tele-Meister

I wish Alex all the best. This is a tough thing to go through. With regards to the quote and his wife's age difference to his, my wife's birthday is today [they named and international day for her! ok, ok], and she is 14.5 years younger than me. I too wish I had met her much sooner.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  19. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

I am not sure it is a wise decision to keep hosting the show when he could be spending that time with family and friends doing what he wants. Most victims of cancer don't have the resources to chase their bucket list, but Alex does and it seems like a better way to spend one's time than hosting the show....at least it does to me. I have no desire having millions of viewers watching my health degrade on tv, I am just more private than that.

But, when it comes down to it, I am always pulling for people to win their fight. Cancer is a monster and I hope he wins and goes on to enjoy many more years to come.

Nickadermis likes this.
  20. brianswindall

brianswindall Tele-Afflicted

I'm married to a much younger woman. It has it's ups and downs. I'm still wondering when she will come to her senses.

haggardfan1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.