Aldi

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
This is of course dorky. I think I’m a foodie and I really like Aldi stores. The pricing is great. They have a great organic meat and vegetables. Three small and you can get through one without walking 3 miles. I’m eating some black pepper thin sliced salami and some mozzarella cheese right now and it’s delicious and it came from Aldie. They have a Greek yogurt that is basically Chonani but it’s generic and it costs less. They have good cheese and dairy. The stores are always clean and tidy. They have decent granola and berries. I think they have a lot of buying power because there’s so many of them and they’re organized. I guess I’m really enjoying my black pepper salami and mozzarella cheese because I had to make a comment. Any fans?

mfguitar

Friend of Leo's
They are nice stores, you do have to watch what you buy though. A lot of "Made in China" seafood that I will not buy and some other things that I don't know where it comes from. Love the fact it is a quick shop.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
This is of course dorky. I think I’m a foodie and I really like Aldi stores. The pricing is great. They have a great organic meat and vegetables. Three small and you can get through one without walking 3 miles. I’m eating some black pepper thin sliced salami and some mozzarella cheese right now and it’s delicious and it came from Aldie. They have a Greek yogurt that is basically Chonani but it’s generic and it costs less. They have good cheese and dairy. The stores are always clean and tidy. They have decent granola and berries. I think they have a lot of buying power because there’s so many of them and they’re organized. I guess I’m really enjoying my black pepper salami and mozzarella cheese because I had to make a comment. Any fans?
I just think if I pay for a cart I should be able to take it home with me. :(

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I just think if I pay for a cart I should be able to take it home with me. :(
You get the quarter back when you return the car to the cart rack. It’s a simple way to keep carts out of the parking lot and it’s a simple way to not have workers fetching carts all over the parking lot and that allows them to keep prices down because people aren’t doing dumb jobs. Come on you know that.

Twofingerlou

Tele-Holic
Used to be the place to go for cheap and good frozen pizzas. it’s been a while but last time I did it wasn’t as much of a deal and the pizzas got changed where I’m at.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Aldi is the king of plastic....Forget about it.

its 3 mm nylon which is the best OTR barrier on earth. OTR = oxygen transmission rate. It refers to how long food is to safely consume. It’s science and science doesn’t care for emotion. People like me who work in food packaging engineering care about you and the stuff you eat. Science isn’t discovered on a trendy bumper sticker. I suggest that you buy all of your protein from an Amish farmer who sells bulk meat on a warm country highway corner Out of a buggy. Good luck with the belly aches.

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
its 3 mm nylon which is the best OTR barrier on earth. OTR = oxygen transmission rate. It refers to how long food is to safely consume. It’s science and science doesn’t care for emotion. People like me who work in food packaging engineering care about you and the stuff you eat. Science isn’t discovered on a trendy bumper sticker. I suggest that you buy all of your protein from an Amish farmer who sells bulk meat on a warm country highway corner Out of a buggy. Good luck with the belly aches.
I’m sure you’re correct.
I like Aldi. And I bring my own bags when I remember to.

NTC

Tele-Afflicted
Wife loves them, I tolerate them. Good for meat, chocolate, and seasonal German items.

All the North Shore Idiots go to Trader Joe’s, so Aldi is a good alternative.

Trader Joe's is owned by Aldi.

Well, it is a subsidiary of Aldi Nord (north). The Aldi stores of which we are speaking are Aldi Sud (south). Aldi Nord and Sud started as one company but an internal family squabble lead to a split.

middy

Friend of Leo's
Aldi is great! Their cashiers are super fast even though they (gasp!) sit down. Food is good and cheap, although their produce can be hit or miss and they don’t always have everything in stock, they are cheap and efficient.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
All the local fashonistas shop at Wegman's and Trader Joe's. I shop at Aldi and Giant.

The local Aldi has excellent produce--better than Giant and Safeway, and it's less costly. Chicken, eggs, milk, and butter are quite a bit cheaper too.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Always shopped there when I was in the UK, as said, great food, great prices. It was seen as down-market in the UK, but the two reasons I gave trump any perceived notion of it being low class

runstendt

Tele-Holic
When I was a kid my favorite cookies came from Aldi's. My wife loves to shop there too, so every now and I still get to have them. The quality is usually pretty darn good, especially when you consider the price. Sometimes we actually prefer the Aldi's house brands over more name brand items.

notmyusualuserid

Friend of Leo's
Which? is an independent British consumer organisation. This month it surveyed...supermarkets. Aldi came top with 73%

They must be doing something right.

Untitled.jpg