Albums you love that are rarely mentioned by anyone else?

ravindave_3600

Friend of Leo's
Southside Johnny and the Jukes: This Time It's for Real. Lots of great songs with great arrangements.

SSJ_This_Time_It's_for_Real_cover.png

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Steve Hillage - Green (1978)

I see your Green and I raise you Motivation Radio.

Hillage was at one point going to put these albums out as a pair called “Red” and “Green” iirc. Motivation Radio acquired a better title and a cheesier - but iconic - album cover, and I think the songwriting is more interesting than on Green.

801 - Live (1976)

801 Live really is one of, maybe the, greatest live album(s) of all time. Great band, great sound, great songs. My only complaints are (1) for a while there was a version with Golden Hours and The Fat Lady Of Limbourg on iTunes, which has vanished and (2) what happens when Sombre Reptiles fades out??? The later versions at least have the hard stop restored to Third Uncle.

Lynxtrap

Tele-Afflicted
Early Joe Henry albums when he was doing what I guess is called alt. country. I don't even remember how I found out about him myself, maybe because the Jayhawks where involved or someone at a record store recommended it.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I see your Green and I raise you Motivation Radio.

Hillage was at one point going to put these albums out as a pair called “Red” and “Green” iirc. Motivation Radio acquired a better title and a cheesier - but iconic - album cover, and I think the songwriting is more interesting than on Green.

801 Live really is one of, maybe the, greatest live album(s) of all time. Great band, great sound, great songs. My only complaints are (1) for a while there was a version with Golden Hours and The Fat Lady Of Limbourg on iTunes, which has vanished and (2) what happens when Sombre Reptiles fades out??? The later versions at least have the hard stop restored to Third Uncle.

Is it my imagination, or is that satellite dish, in the Motivation Radio picture, at the same angle and of the same oval proportions as the Hindenburg as seen on the first Led Zeppelin album?

And does asking that question make me a dork, nerd, or geek?