Albums you love that are rarely mentioned by anyone else?

Hodgo88

Tele-Meister
My guitar teacher turned me onto this as a teenager, still listening to it today: the ever epic Mahavishnu Orchestra's Visions of the Emerald Beyond

John McLaughlin and Jean-Luc Ponty shred this album up for nearly the entire 40 minute runtime.

jaxjaxon

Tele-Holic
I have a few not many mention but are out standing. Captain Beyond it is a super group
Captain Beyond
1664252651093.png

Then another is Variations
1664252580461.png

Original rock version
with additional performers
And another is World Sinfonia Heart of the Immigrants
1664252508732.png

Personnel​

acoustic rob

Tele-Holic
Since this thread is still going strong, let me make another contribution.

71NVq2CcbsL._SL1400_.jpg

Not The Velvet Underground and Niko, but the band's third album. It's almost a folk-rock album--the story is the band's gear got stolen while on tour so they had to pare down from the sonic assault of their first two albums, but for whatever reason it's a much more introspective set of songs. Check it out.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Big Country gets a bad rap for it’s one biggest hit being a little overplayed, but Steeltown is a stand out album showing off their scary rhythm section and guitar texturing while performing a tight of songs that show their Scottish roots.

I stood outside Virgin Megastore in Glasgow on a cold October morning in 1984 from 6am along with a few hundred others waiting to get a hold of a limited-edition version of that album on the day it was released.
I had played the 12" remix of the first single from the album to death for months in anticipation of the new album.
It didn't disappoint.

Johnny Dubs

TDPRI Member
Platinum Supporter
I've got that album, just haven't listened to it in a very long time - thanks for the reminder.

I always wanted to see them live (never got the chance)- they do some jam stuff that’s probably a lot of fun. Definitely fun to groove on guitar!

One of the Durans is playing with them now, I think. Andy. Andy? I think Andy.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
The self-titled debut album from Leeds-based band 'The Music' was another album that I enjoyed at the time.
We took our youngest to see them live, and looking at this clip now he looked about the same age!

Double Stop

Tele-Afflicted
Every single note that was ever recorded by THE MOVE, ROY WOOD, 10CC (Godley & Creme era) and LEE HAZLEWOOD!!!

Ok, this thread is done! 😂

Last edited: