Albums you love that are rarely mentioned by anyone else?

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I was listening to Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy today (as I often do) I love it so much, one of my top 10-20 albums ever, but it's rarely (if ever) mentioned by anyone else. Beautiful Freak gets shout outs in some 'alternative' lists from the 90's ... but to me this album is better than that. I can listen to this over and over and it never gets tiring. The arrangements are brilliant and it gives me all sorts of comfort and joy.

It came out in 2000 and got to number 8 in the main UK chart and went gold in the UK.... so it sold well enough at the time but it seems to have been forgotten.

I think Eels are maybe one of those US bands that did better here than at home though... maybe?

TCA117

Tele-Meister
This album or CD, Great Songs all the way
thru - no duds.

Attachments

• E1644E31-13EC-4E98-9EEA-B42C32B2A588.jpeg
    E1644E31-13EC-4E98-9EEA-B42C32B2A588.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 30

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
I was listening to Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy today (as I often do) I love it so much, one of my top 10-20 albums ever, but it's rarely (if ever) mentioned by anyone else. Beautiful Freak gets shout outs in some 'alternative' lists from the 90's ... but to me this album is better than that. I can listen to this over and over and it never gets tiring. The arrangements are brilliant and it gives me all sorts of comfort and joy.

It came out in 2000 and got to number 8 in the main UK chart and went gold in the UK.... so it sold well enough at the time but it seems to have been forgotten.

I think Eels are maybe one of those US bands that did better here than at home though... maybe?
Summerteeth -Wilco

Yankee Hotell Foxtrot deservedly gets all the love because it was such a pivotal album for them, but Summerteeth was when they really broke out of that Alt-Country pigeon hole. Amazing album beginning to end.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Jann Arden’s Living Under June
kd lang’s Ingenue
Brennen Leigh’s The Box
James Taylor’s Never Die Young
Jesse Winchester’s Gentleman Of Leisure
Alison Krauss & Union Station’s So Long So Wrong
George Strait’s Lead On
John Mayall’s Spinning Coin (Buddy Whittington on guitar!)

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Lovejoy
Hit me up honestly if you know it.
Breezy Lovejoy is Anderson .Paak from about 10 years ago. This was way before Oxnard launched him to stardom. He’s hungry and he’s a brilliant writer. The fretless bass in this track is really cool without overwhelming the simple groove.
I love Anderson .Paak anyway but I really love his work as Breezy. And I know not many here would know/talk about this. But it’s fantastic.

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
'Uncarved Block' by Flux on One Little Indian Records from 1986.
The anarchist-punk band previously known as Flux of Pink Indians certainly mellowed on their 3rd album.
It featured guest musicians from the On-U Sound label including producer Adrian Sherwood. It's very rhythm heavy with bongos & trumpets (very punk rock). I love it.
Uncarved_Block_(Flux_album).jpg

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
A Fierce Pancake, by Stump. Every song is a killer. Quirky and weird, but DAMN.

Hard, by The Joneses. Every song is a killer; guitarist Billy Loosigian is a Boston legend. If you dig Bad Company, these boys deliver the goods: