Albert Lee

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
I have tickets to see Albert Lee at the Guitar Sanctuary in Dallas in July. I had wondered with the events of the past couple years if he would tour again and it looks like he is. The Sanctuary is a wonderful venue, caught Pierre Bensusan there in April.

rarebreed

Tele-Afflicted
I saw him, Steve Morse, and Steve Lukather, at a place in Nashville called " The Ace of Clubs " many years ago doing a show sponsored by Ernie Ball. It was during the summer Namm. It was a great show and about halfway through their performance they were joined by Rodney Crowell.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have tickets to see Albert Lee at the Guitar Sanctuary in Dallas in July. I had wondered with the events of the past couple years if he would tour again and it looks like he is. The Sanctuary is a wonderful venue, caught Pierre Bensusan there in April.
Off topic, but I just sold a solid-body nylon string guitar to a guy yesterday who drove over from McKinney......and he mentioned the Guitar Sanctuary in our conversation. It's also a guitar store, right? I'd never heard of it before.
I would imagine Albert Lee would be great ANYWHERE......enjoy! ;)

fendrguitplayr

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm sure you'll enjoy the show.

IMG_5208.JPG

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
I saw him prepandemic. Excellent show.

Why does he use that pointy G&L instead of a Fender Telecaster. Am genuinely interested in your responses. Have heard him on a Telecasterand he rips ! Please offer any information that you may know.
It's a signature Model. But it's approximately no. 1, and he's played it since he got it...

Tall-Fir

Tele-Meister
I don’t think the guitar Albert is seen using is a G&L.

edit: Just shows a little bit about how the characteristics of the G&L products are not fully known about or considered on par with other more popular guitars, specifically other telecasters. I think the USA G&L product is outstanding and compares favorably with other brands with all kinds of different headstocks. I really enjoy my G&L ASATs, of which I have six, nearly one for each day of the week, headstocks, mfd pickups, great finishes, great hardware and all. Happy with the G&L headstocks here, and everywhere!

Last edited:

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
Off topic, but I just sold a solid-body nylon string guitar to a guy yesterday who drove over from McKinney......and he mentioned the Guitar Sanctuary in our conversation. It's also a guitar store, right? I'd never heard of it before.
I would imagine Albert Lee would be great ANYWHERE......enjoy! ;)
It's an excellent high-end guitar store. The performance venue is right next door, a smaller intimate venue.

Dave W

Poster Extraordinaire
If Albert had wanted a Tele type, MusicMan would have made one for him.

A little history here.