AITA? Guests coming for 4 days, and one day before arrival tell me so is their dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
They should have asked if they can bring the dog. Just because that's what you do.
Unfortunately, along with what the OP said, this is one more indication it ain't gonna go that well....

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Might of got the thumb, too, but this is a good time for cutting ties. You can "love (this) guy" better from a distance.
You may think I only proffer this sort of expert advice on the internet, but TD is not known for tact in real life either. When I refer to my "life's philosophy" I absolutely practice it year around, and over a good number of years. ;)

JSMac

Tele-Afflicted
Maybe you could take a short vacation during their stay.

My son in law asked if he and my two granddaughters, ages 9 and 14, could stay with us for a couple of nights. This has turned into 3 months with no end in sight. My wife and I feel like turning the house over to them and going on a permanent vacation.

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
A dog! Hurray!

Who complains about a dog coming to visit?!

The fact the hag has a dog gives her quite a few extra credit points!

Lighten up! Go buy some toys and treats...there's a dog coming to visit!
Wrong. If the host doesn't have dogs and doesn't particularly want dogs then they have every right to refuse a dog's presence in their home. Dogs bring with them a certain "dog-iness" that does not exist in the home and if the owners don't have dogs their home certainly isn't dog proof.

I went through this with a step-daughter, she wanted to bring her dog for a couple days stay. At the time we had no pets and hadn't had any for years and I said no. I caught wrath from her and my wife wasn't too happy about it but frankly I did not give a s**t. She stayed in a pet-friendly hotel.

fleezinator

Tele-Holic
yeah, there's flags all over this. NTA.

If you play the 'nice' guy and agree to this, you'll run the risk of things getting out of hand, putting you & your buddy's friendship on the line. That he's putting you in that situation says a lot about his opinion on it.

If you bail out of it, you'll likely be in the same scenario. But, your house won't be a wreck/catch fire.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Maybe you could take a short vacation during their stay.
Yes! Lock the house, but pitch a tent in the front yard with a note that says, Sorry called away, make yourselves at home in the tent!

Edit @Toto'sDad. I kinda am known for tact, I think, but I tend to run out of it when people mistake my patience for approval (or in this case permission).

Last edited:

Thebluesman

Tele-Holic
rent a cat for duration of their stay! refuse to converse at all with them but stroke there dog! Tell them last week you had a family of aliens vacating with you and there expected to return at any moment with there relations !!!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Wrong. If the host doesn't have dogs and doesn't particularly want dogs then they have every right to refuse a dog's presence in their home. Dogs bring with them a certain "dog-iness" that does not exist in the home and if the owners don't have dogs their home certainly isn't dog proof.

I went through this with a step-daughter, she wanted to bring her dog for a couple days stay. At the time we had no pets and hadn't had any for years and I said no. I caught wrath from her and my wife wasn't too happy about it but frankly I did not give a s**t. She stayed in a pet-friendly hotel.

Sure....Every one has the right to be as uptight as they want! It's in the Constitution!

I'm kinda confused how this is even an issue.

Two scenarios:

I'm bringing a dog. Answer: Yes

Or

I'm bringing a dog. Answer: No

It' don't get much simpler than that!

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
It is simple.

TDPRI has rules about crude/obscene/offensive language.

It is not allowed.

Nor is it allowable to use $%^&* or other tactics to avoid TDPRI's offensive language filter.

The OP clearly used NTA to avoid those filters.

Others have followed.

Everyone of you agreed to the rules when signed on.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.