Air Compressor Reg.

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by SacDAve, Aug 26, 2019.

1. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Is it a compressor that uses oil? If so I'd include an oil separater in the lineup.

3. Bluey

Bluey Tele-Meister

Probably better off spending a few extra bucks & getting a good quality 3 stage coalescing filter/regulator setup. Contaminates through the system & redoing jobs will do your head in.
    Check when you drain the tank that its water only, no oil resedue. If some oil you may need to put a oil/ water trap @ the compressor & then the 3 stage at least 10' from the first oil/water trap. Then obviously run your gun hose from the 3 stage filter/reg.
    If moisture/ water only is still a problem a receiver dryer a couple of feet before the 3stage will fix it.
    The only problems you should have if any after this is your preperation & spraying environment.

Milspec likes this.
  4. SacDAve

Good idea I'll check. Its old school

5. SacDAve

Thanks. Right now I have filter regulator rated for food but can't figure out how to open it and clean the ceramic(?) filter in it. Job left over

6. SacDAve

I put the old regulator back on for now Thinking about getting my filter separator serviced. It's a Excelon B73G-2AK-QT3 I can get a rebuild kit $46 but I can not figure out how to remove the bowl. I also notice the base gasket is leaking oil on my compressor so I have to get a new gasket for that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.