1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Aion Blueshift Chorus

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by zippofan, Apr 11, 2021.

1. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

Just got my Aion Blueshift up and running this afternoon, what a build! 100 resistors, 65 capacitors, 14 ICs, 9 transistors, all controlled by just three switches (four if you include the stomp). It's a clone of the Boss Dimension C, something I've wanted to try and was inspired to build while looking over on Aion's site.
    It has taken me weeks of a little here, a little there, with every component measured before soldering, I didn't want to have to troubleshoot this monster! All that's left is a shot of clear coat over the decal and hard wiring the power jack.

blueshift build.jpg Dimension C calibrating.jpg Dimension C guts and decal drying,jpg.jpg

It sounds great, especially in stereo! This build makes my last chorus (Arion clone from TH Custom Effects) seem like a one knob fuzz project lol ;-)

Urshurak776, SbS, BobTheOwl and 2 others like this.
  2. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Wow, now that is an intimidating build! Hope it sounds great.

zippofan likes this.
  3. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

It does sound great! Definitely a keeper, though it would have been a lot easier to pick up a Waza Craft DC-2 :lol:

jman72 likes this.
  4. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

Without a doubt, this the best sounding chorus I have, including a DIY Arion from Nucleon FX (sounds great), and an Analog Man Chorus on my main board.

DIY'ers who want a challenge, this is it! When you're done, you'll have the quintessential chorus tones of the 80s. Too complex? I'd get the Boss Waza DC-2W. Heckuva build!
    Aion Dimension chorus.jpg

Urshurak776 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.