1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ain’t Misbehavin’

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stxrus, Apr 18, 2021.

1. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Went to a local production of Ain’t Misbehavin’ this afternoon at CCT (Caribbean Community Theater) and we were blown away

First, we have some amazing talent on the rock in all forms of artistry. That I am eternally grateful for

I had never seen the show while Jackie had seen it on Broadway. She worked for CAMI and got to see a ton of stuff

A great musical with skits instead of a story line. The ensemble was perfect and the “backup” band just nailed it. Two of the best hours I’ve spent in a way too long time

This, actually, was the first step towards normalcy sine the world stopped. Masks and distancing were required. I’m cool with that. Limited seating that I’m also cool with.

If you’ve never seen the presentation I wholly recommend it. Great music and a welcomed escape from reality.

2. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Sounds great. My wife says it's the first musical she saw.
    Reminds me of Fats Waller:

3. stxrus

It is Fats Waller but not only him but a lot of, as far as I know, other folks. Set in Harlem in the ‘40s it’s a great evening (or as a matinee) or afternoon diversion

SRHmusic and Dan German like this.
  4. Okieactor

Okieactor Tele-Holic

These are called either a Revue or a Jukebox musical. I think they’re kind of the same thing, except I think Jukebox tends to be like one band or strict genre (Mama Mia, Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages?). And Revues are like Smokey Joe’s Cafe, Songs for a New World, and Forever Plaid.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Musicals are amazing when they’re good. If you ever get a chance to see Come From Away, I highly recommend it.

5. stxrus

I stand corrected - revue not skits. Jackie actually mentioned that today and I’m just fuzzy/buzzed to mis-state.

Anyway, it was good fun

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I love that sort of thing! Long ago, a local theater put on a production of "Annie." My daughter in law played Grace the secretary, a local banker played Daddy Warbucks to perfection! My oldest granddaughter played Annie, and my youngest (at the time) granddaughter played Molly, and stole the show! My young son was a revolving character, doing dancing, singing, and walk-ons in different costumes. It was sold out every night for several weeks. In those days, the theater was in a converted banking facility on main street, and it was quite a production. I miss all of that terribly. I'm glad you got to see a good live show, there's nothing like it!

7. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Friend of Leo's

Fats was the MAN! He was a very prolific songwriter. There's a story that he would go to the music publishing houses in NYC & sell the same tune multiple times because he figured he was gonna get ripped off regardless.

Which is sadly, exactly what happened... :(

SRHmusic likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.