1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Age gap relationships?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BobbyZ, Apr 29, 2021.

1. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Yes, I think this is the key. I also think that so many men act so badly, on so many levels, even or especially when they think they're being nice, that a man who can figure out how to not be a douche, and understands and believes in the value of it, will have no trouble attracting women that other men assume are out of his league.

As for mens' taste, I think most humans are very influenced by our environments, and men are told what to like from day one. They get judged for who they like as children. I know for a fact that as a grown adult, people think more of a man who has a wife that qualifies as "hot". So I think there are A LOT of men that don't have the confidence to like who they like and tell the rest of the world to pee up a rope.
    And then they assume they're not good looking enough for a woman they want, or think they want.

I feel certain that one of the reasons my wife is a lot younger than me is how long it took me to realize how attractive to women I actually am.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep, MUCH to my surprise they are still together.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Many years ago, I had a golfing and drinking buddy whose wife divorced him for an older man. I think mostly because he lived in an exceedingly nice home on a country club golf course and had plenty of money. One time after we had been out playing golf, I dropped him off at his house, and he said come on in and have a drink. Before he could even pour me a drink, his ex showed up at the door, when she came inside, she said. TD, why don't you run along home now, your golfing buddy and I have some work to do in the bedroom. Apparently, the new guy must have been lacking in one department or another! I would see the older dude out golfing once in a while, and wonder if he had a clue of what was going on. I don't know if life is strange or it just seems that way.

4. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

You're right on the first part: life IS strange, my friend. :)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

I've quoted my son who has passed here before, but I found that he must surely have been a great philosopher. Because one time he was musing about life, and the very subject of this little discussion. I asked him if he liked the company of older women, or younger women? He said well you know dad, I've had me the company of older women, and I've had the company of some younger women, I reckon I MUCH prefer younger women. Yessiree Bob, that boy was sure enough a natural born philosopher.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

One thing about it, when you live as long as I have, things take on a whole different perspective. One time not too long ago, another golfing buddy remarked that if he came home and found that his wife was entertaining another gentleman, he'd just go on out to the garage and find something to putter around with until her company left. He figured if he acted like he'd just gotten home, she'd go ahead and fix supper.:lol::lol::lol:

ravindave_3600 and haggardfan1 like this.
  7. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Tele-Afflicted

Did he also like him some of them french fried taters, mmmmm-hmmmm, mmmmm-hmmmm...

sjwieczorkow and Toto'sDad like this.
  8. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

My Grandfather had three Wives. When I was a kid I asked him why he didn't love Grandma anymore. His answer was, "Don Alan I don't know about love but I sure do like young women." A hard case that one.:rolleyes:

Jett Rink, getbent and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

West Coast Chet seems to have more situational awareness. I can't imagine East Cost/Iowa Chet living to age 60 as a Lineman.

getbent likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Yes sir, he sure enough did.

11. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Actually, I've had my moments, believe it or not...even recently. I don't need to put on airs.

But I get the feeling something I said put you off. Hope you can sort that out. I wasn't trying to brag. In fact, getting a good/good-looking woman is one thing. But I hold the gents here who have KEPT one in much higher esteem.

ravindave_3600 likes this.
  12. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

haggardfan1 likes this.
  13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Glad your friend's first date went well Bobby!

Good with her!

haggardfan1, BobbyZ and El Tele Lobo like this.
  14. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Post first date summary.
    She definitely passes in the looks department with flying colors, knew that because I've known her a few years.
    What I didn't know from our conversations the last 4 or so years was her social circle. Not exactly the county's finest citizens and run ins with the "county's finest" seemed to be a popular topic of conversation.
    Now I know that a woman that pretty that will go out with a guy 20 years older, likely has a certain amount of crazy and I'm ok with some crazy.
    But the potential of a raid by law enforcement while spending the night at her place is where I gotta draw the line.
    I probably won't be going out with her again. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  15. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Friend of Leo's

"Thirty six and 16" marriages were common...in my grandparent's generation and before.

16. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Probably mostly because so many women died in childbirth. The maternal mortality rate was 1-1.5% in 1900, and the reproductive rate was 5.5. So about 1 in every 18-20 women died in childbirth if I’m doing the math right. Easy to forget how brutal the world was just 120 years ago, and still is in some places around the world.

But back to Bobby’s little criminal . . .

17. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

I wish my partner was 30 years younger... then she'd be griping at somebody else. :twisted:

18. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

In the late '80s, at a Los Lobos show I ran into a girl who worked at a coffee shop I frequented. She was 18, on her way to Cal Berkeley as a freshman, Latina, lovely, hip and smart. I was 21 years older. We had some drinks and talked at the venue's bar - we hit it off and talked a long time. Sitting very close, starting to touch and lean, holding hands. Then I, and it became clear she, realized our age difference. Nothing was really said or acknowledged, but we awkwardly and reluctantly - far more reluctance on my part - disengaged, and went our ways that night. After that we’d mildly flirt at the coffee shop, but that was it. Best that we never hooked up, but that was a night my being a responsible adult was difficult.

P Thought and telemnemonics like this.
  19. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Well, I was about to wish you two all the best, but follow your heart, and your instincts, Bobby.

I almost didn't, and I think I had I not started dating Ashley, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. Only you can assess the red flags, and I DO wish you all the best.

BobbyZ and telemnemonics like this.
  20. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I’m just thinkin’ which can be dangerous, but does she live alone?

You could drop in at the police station and ask if you should stay away from 22 Lonely Street, make something up or tell them the truth.
    If nothing else they have a record of you making an effort to be a good law abiding citizen.
    Then in the event of a raid you might be remembered as a confirmed innocent bysleeper.

Cops are cool, always a good idea to ask questions first!

thesamhill and BobbyZ like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.