Afraid it won’t be long now for my lil buddy..

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 4pickupguy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Though it is the way of the world, I'm still sorry for this. When your dog passes, I hope it is in peace and no pain. We had a mini poodle pass away; like Napoleon, she had a long, long life and then a clear, accelerating decline. We were able to be with her and to see her out of this life, which was such good fortune for her and for us. As you know, the loss never goes away; you just get used to it. You keep caring, That's a good thing, however hard it may be. What a sweet dog.

Deathray, 4pickupguy and Mike Eskimo like this.
  2. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

So sorry to hear. I hate these threads, but I'll click on every one of them. These little guys mean so much to us, it's hard to let go and say goodbye. Take care.

3. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

I feel your pain, very intensely.
    5 dogs and 11 cats later, we have walked this path many times.
    It never gets easier.
    Peace and strength.

Deathray and 4pickupguy like this.
  4. big jimmy

big jimmy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I didn't cry when my mother passed last year. She was 94 and had been in poor health for 8 months and living in a rehabilitation center. It was nice at first, but towards the end she was not happy. Many hospital stays and emergency room visits in between.
    When my dogs die (one pictured to the left) I cry like a little girl. I can't explain it.

Chinacat, Deathray, Toto'sDad and 3 others like this.
  5. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

When he was a spritely little dog I used to call him “my future bump in the yard” when he rebelled and misbehaved. He’s a clever little trickster. Chrissy and I are sure he has a website teaching other little papillons tricks of the trade. The logo a defiant little paw/fist and the rally cry “Papi-on Brothers” above it. Now as he grows slower and fragile he is super well behaved. He has accidents he can’t help and thinks he’s done a horrible crime. It’s a dogs unconditional love and true eagerness to please that makes them special. This is coming from a “cat people”. Cats are ‘special’ in other, less tangible, less frequent, less empirical ways.

Telecaster88 and Deathray like this.
  6. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I want to wish peace and comfort to everyone who has commented in this thread on losing one of their furry friends. These animals are examples of unconditional love that work their way into our families, our lives and hearts. They have no desire greater than to do something to make us happy. Oh, and to eat, but that's something we all want. They want to please us, they want to be loved by us and they want nothing more than to be acknowledged by us. They want to be our friends. And that's what they become and it is so hard to let them go. That's the anguish we feel at the end of their lives. But if we want to understand how they feel the best way is to remember a photo frame of a dog I saw that said "Thanks for everything. I had a wonderful time." And if we were true to them, they really did. Their lives are, sadly, just shorter than ours. Blessings on all of us!

Unknown.jpeg

Chinacat, Deathray and 4pickupguy like this.
  7. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Awww,
    I'm sorry. I know you have given him the best life a dog could ever ask for. My thoughts are with you.

FG

puddin, Deathray and 4pickupguy like this.
  8. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I hate threads like this.. I have a 3 year old beagle and I hate to see this day coming..

Im so sorry. I have no words to express, and I can relate to you.. Even if it hurts, enjoy the times, cherish the memories, and never forget it.

my heart goes out to you.

4pickupguy and Deathray like this.
  9. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Stay strong and remember the good times. It’s the hardest thing to do as well as the best thing you can do. Quality of life is most important

4pickupguy and Deathray like this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Man I'm sorry for your impending loss. Went through that with my pal Toto a little over a years ago. My life is divided up between my days with Toto, and now the one's without him. I know you're supposed to move on, but I think about him when I go to sleep, and when I wake up. My sincerest condolences. I don't know how they get so far under your skin, but they do.

11. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Meister

Enjoy every moment you still have. You have been a blessing to each other, and you will always have his memory to cherish. It is a difficult time for you, we are here for you. Venting is good, keep us posted.

Peace, Jeff

Omiewise65 likes this.
  12. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Aw man, it's so hard when the end is near. Sorry to hear it, 4Pup. Prayers for a graceful transition for the little guy, and comfort to you and yours..

13. greenhornet

greenhornet TDPRI Member

So sorry for you... We all have to go through this and it is never easy. A beautiful friend! Lovely dog/family member.

14. Rowdyman

Rowdyman Tele-Meister

Sorry about your buddy,,, You've got to do the 'right thing',, whatever that turns out to be.
    When Spike stopped eating, he got confused, and was growling at my wife. (who had trained him as a puppy)

It's so hard to say goodbye,, Keep it up!! and Good Luck! RM

15. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry, man. It's always hard to say goodbye.

16. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

So sorry. I so dread when I put up a similar post for my Blondie. Hoping it will be a long time from now, she's a corgi, chi rescue mutt, but means everything to me. IMG_20180403_112554_995.jpg

17. philpm

philpm Tele-Meister

Sorry to hear this. I just had to put Owen, my 14 year old bassett hound, to sleep last weekend. He had developed a tumor in his mouth, and it had grown to the point I had to hand feed him, and it was only going to be days before he wouldn't be able to eat at all. I certainly wasn't going to wait for that to come to pass. It was tough but necessary to make sure he didn't suffer.

Chinacat, 4pickupguy and Telecaster88 like this.
  18. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

Toto's Dad posted recently about the anniversary of his little guy's passing. I could relate and can definitely relate to your situation.

We've had dogs and cats in this house. We had to put down one our beloved cats three weeks ago this past Saturday. She was a beautiful Persian mix rescue just under 12 years old. A tumor affecting her stomach had finally done too much damage. We knew the end was near. When she stopped eating, there was nothing else to do but allow her to pass with dignity and without suffering.

My boys are both college age. Both are Eagle scouts. Both insisted that we do this on a Saturday so that they could come down from their universities and be there for her in her final hours. It was important to all of us that she be surrounded by the family she loved and that loved her when it was time to say good-bye.

Every moment with our furry friends is a gift not to be taken for granted. If you show them love, they will pay it back unconditionally over and over. There's no way to lose that and not feel the hurt. Enjoy every last second with your little guy.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Chinacat and 4pickupguy like this.
  19. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

So sorry, 4pickupguy. It's never easy.

4pickupguy likes this.
  20. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I feel for you man, I like dogs more than (most) people... FB_IMG_1521580729138.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.