Affordable case for my HwyOne Tele!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TeleCarlos, Jun 19, 2021.

1. TeleCarlos

TeleCarlos Tele-Meister

Will be shipping my guitars soon and my Tele is the only one without a case.

What's a good enough case for it? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

2. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Shipped how?
    To where?
    What’s your definition of affordable?

Answer these and you will get more precise recommendations.

3. IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis Tele-Meister

The highway one guitars are nitro finished, right? I've been looking for a hard case for my 50s RW tele and when reading reviews I occasionally find stories of finish damage from the case material. Just something to think about, though it's never happened to anybody I know.

4. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Not sure exactly what you mean by "shipping" but these lightweight heavy nylon and polyfoam Gator GL Electric cases are about $80-90.00. I have one that came with a Tele I purchased and it was shipped inside the Gator case which was inside the case's fitted cardboard shipping box. Worked great for shipping. The Gator case is fine for light use and home storage. Probably a little too light weight for regular gigging. Made specifically for Teles and Strats.

[​IMG]

5. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

I have a hard shell TSA latch version of the above Gator case (twice as much $$). Fits teles and strats really well. Shell is polystyrene, not ABS great latches and handle. I wouldn't trust it to air baggage handlers but I did have my yammy Pacifica shipped to me from MF in it because I'd read the horror stories. Came through totally unscathed.
    61Drw1DjpGL._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07579JT8Y/?tag=tdpri-20

Greggorios likes this.
  6. YoGeorge

YoGeorge Tele-Afflicted

If you normally use a gig bag and don't need the case "forever", you could remove the neck from the body, pack both pieces in a box and pad things very well. It would probably ship a bit cheaper this way also.

If you do want a case for the long run, most anything that's on sale will be OK. I might be most worried about a new case involving a lot of plastic/foam/adhesive with a lacquer guitar. I bought a utility case from Musicians Friend for $50 a couple years ago on a stupid deal of the day--an skb-type rectangle, but I think the world shortage of everything due to Covid might cause problems right now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.