affinity tele facelift

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by bender-freak, Jun 25, 2012.

1. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

Picked up this Affinity and a new Fender Frontman 25R amp the other day off Craigslist for $150. It started life as a normal Affinity, so I didn't do any "before" pics, we all know what they look like. I made a pickguard from stuff i had, added a Bigsby clone and some GFS XL pups I had, and a vintage bridge of course so i could use the Bigsby clone. Kinda hard to see in the pics but I used some little star conchoes to hide the holes from where I replaced the standard bridge. guitar plays GREAT and was a lot of fun to perform the facelift on. Someday I will learn how to rotate an image:oops: and too much flash; I ain't a camera person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Robbied_216

Robbied_216 Tele-Afflicted

Cool...how well does it hold tune?

3. bender-freak

Holds tune just fine. I did have to notch out the bridgeplate lip behind the saddles to allow for string travel. I prefer doing that to shimming the neck. Didn't mention in the O.P., but I also filed the fret ends to get rid of sprout. Don't know WHY these Affinity's are so notorius for the fret sprout. They are a nifty little "mod" platform except for that, IMO.

4. edchavez

edchavez Tele-Holic

Pretty cool!

5. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice job on that one neighbor.

How's it going your way these days?

6. bender-freak

Still here, still spending the major portion of my time caring for my Mother, so I simply don't have time to play out any more or even jam. Don't even "talk" on here that much any more.

I spend my spare time looking cheapies like this to see if I can turn them into "real" guitars, LOL.

Still have a tad of tweaking to do here and there, but it's coming along and will end up being a good little Tele to bang around on.

7. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.