AES Sold out of Tubes over the weekend!

James Knox

Tele-Afflicted
I usually place an order with AES every week or two. They usually fill and ship the order same day (or next if placed afternoon) and since I’m in Phoenix I receive the order the next day.

So, I place an order Sunday evening, looking for delivery on Tuesday. Nothing on Tuesday, so I call them. They advise they had a massive amount of orders over the weekend and they are running behind. They will try to get my $300+ order right out. I’ve been ordering from them exclusively for about 3 years now and have never experienced this, but OK, stuff happens.

On Thursday, I place another order from my “Project List”. I get a notice that the JJ 6V6 tubes I ordered are out of stock. I take them off the order, and hit send. Then it hits me… I go to their Vacuum Tubes page! Right on down the line; out of stock, out of stock, out of stock… every single JJ or Russian Tube is out of stock.

Today I place an order with Weber and a banner appears advising that for the unforseeable future ALL kits will be shipping with NO tubes!

Wow! For those of us building and/or repairing tube amp, where do we source tubes now? How do we break it to our customers that for now tubes are unavailable and the prices will probably shoot up in the future.

Remember when there was a run on Toilet Paper and it was hard to find, lol.

nathan5782

Tele-Meister
There’s a thread in the glowing bottle tube amp section been going on for a bit. Mods keep shutting down similar threads.

James Knox

Tele-Afflicted
There’s a thread in the glowing bottle tube amp section been going on for a bit. Mods keep shutting down similar threads.

Thanks man - I will read through that!

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Do stress too much. Viva Tubes has tubes, but they are limiting orders (and checking to make sure no one is reordering), and prices have skyrocketed. As far as who is still making the tubes we use besides JJ. It's Psvane, who spilt off from Shuguang. TAD has some tubes that are being made by them, and then there are also the Psvane HiFi tubes.