1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Aerodyne quandary.......

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Sybo, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

Happy Thanksgiving all!! Got a question for all the knowledgeable peeps here about a Strat I have. I picked this up as I just found the neck sooooooooo wonderful, I had to buy it. It’s a Japanese made Aerodyne. Can you guys give me the straight skinny on these. It sounds amazing for what it does. Thoughts? Should I keep it? I am on the fence.

https://imgur.com/a/JJhHwt6

As much as I wish EVERY neck has the magic this one does, as we all know, every once in a while one is super perfect. I’m still not sure if I will keep it. Any Aerodyne lovers?

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

If the neck is right you’re at least 51% there...

Get it.

3. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

A few things;

* The MIJ Aerodyne offerings (Strats, J-basses) are top-notch, high quality guitars.

* I personally love them.

* They hold their value well.

* I owned an all-black Aerodyne J-bass a few years ago, and only parted with it because it was too pretty.
    (It was so shiny and gorgeous, I hated the thought of leaving fingerprints on it. So I spent more time waxing and buffing it than I did actually playing it.)

and,

* If you decide that you want to sell it some day, please PM me.
    I live just a hundred miles south of you, and I would gladly make the drive to acquire such a fabulous guitar.

:)

4. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

They are very nice. Asthetically awesome, good neck feel, pickups (in the tele at least) seemed good, another example of high quality Japanese fenders. Like Sparky2 said, they hold thier value well.

5. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I've played the tele and bass Aerodynes and loved almost everything about them. I think the strat is the coolest looking one. Like most MIJ guitars they are top notch in quality. The 7.25 radius doesn't work for me however so I've never purchased one.

6. stratisfied

stratisfied Tele-Holic

I had a black no-pickguard Aerodyne for a while. It was a really nice guitar. I remember putting cream pickup covers and knobs on it for a different look and just enjoyed playing it. I decided to swap the cream plastic parts back to black when I decided on a whim to sell it (which I still regret!). I used my multi-tool and slipped a cardboard backer from a legal pad under the tool before prying the knobs off like I have done a million times.

I went to put the new knobs on and very nearly crapped myself when I saw a shallow dent where I had pried each knob off! I am pretty gentle with my guitars and was surprised how easily the basswood had dented as I hadn't pried hard at all, they just eased off with a single motion.

That's when I did my first CA drop fill repairs on a guitar and thankfully they turned out perfect and the new owner was very happy with the guitar!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.