Advice on Boss Katana Recording

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by guitarist232345, May 23, 2020.

1. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Hi all,
    I rely on my boss katana for playing and recording as it goes ultra quiet but also ultra loud for out of the house situations. However when I record, it sounds flat/uninteresting. Is there any way I can change this? I have particularly noticed this of late due to my friend (who mics his cab which I cannot do) producing rhythm demos which sound so much more dynamic than my content.

Please drop recommendations.

2. gabeNC

gabeNC TDPRI Member

Howdy,

I have a Katana as well. Are you using the rec out function on the amp directly into an interface? If so, there is a new software update (when using Tone Studio) that adds three options to the Rec output Live, Rec and Blend. Some have reported having to max the volume in the preamp stage to get the "best tone". But honestly I put a sm57 on the cab and it sounds so much better. Great little amp.

3. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Drop a Senheiser 609 and crank it! Throw a blanket over it if ya have to? Just spitballing...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.