[Advice Needed] Affinity Mod Project

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by guitarist232345, Mar 28, 2020.

1. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

Hi all,

so i've been toying with the idea of buying a cheap tele to make a solely project guitar for a while now.
    Given the economic slump, I'm expecting to see one for cheap in the course of the weeks to come. Based on this, I have some queries. If I am to buy one, I would replace the tuners and electronics, but that's the easy part.

I would want a BSB guitar to refinish into a nitro lacquer in order to give it the colour of the CV series. I find the Affinity BSB quite orangey so this refin is important to me.

Roughly how much would this cost to refinish it, and are there any examples online of people who have refinished an affinity into a better looking BSB colour?

Also, would I even need to get BSB in the first place? If I plan on stripping the paint, would there be signs of the old paintwork if it were black or something?

After this I would relic it.

2. 61fury

61fury Friend of Leo's

I ended up sanding ( yes sanding) my bsb Affinity all the way back, mainly because I wanted forearm and belly cuts. Nice solid wood underneath. As far as your refin , go to the Finely Finished subforum, or try a search. Lot's out there, a lot of options too. I doubt it would cost anymore than than material cost. If you're stripping it original color shouldn't matter.
    I painted mine lpb. Good luck with your project.

affinityforearm.JPG

AFFINDOTS SIDE.jpg

stevemc, bls82261 and frettchen like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.