Adding switches to faceplate?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Balata9999, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Balata9999

Balata9999 TDPRI Member

I’ve done a search and couldn’t find if this has been asked before. Two scenarios; first on a deluxe reverb amp can an on off switch for the reverb and vib be added to the front panel rather than always having to have the footpedal near by? Second along the same lines on a 2 channel amp that has a footswitch to activate the second channel and no switch on he amp itself can that be incorporated into the actual amp? I’ve got a couple different amps set up here that I primarily use for recording only and its a real hassle finding places for the foot switches where I would like to just be able to flip a switch on the amp itself right quick.

2. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

It can be done, but it is an extravagant amount of wiring and hardware for a small benefit. Plus, it will knock down the re-sale value of the amp, if that matters to you. It's way easier to figure out a workable setup for the existing footswitch, IMO.

3. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

On the DR just turn the reverb knob down...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    codamedia likes this.
  4. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

On the 2 channel amp velcro the footswitch to the top of the amp.

5. galaxiex

galaxiex Tele-Holic

If that is a vintage Deluxe Reverb please don’t go blasting holes thru the faceplate for switches.
    There is no greater insult to the amp than to put holes in the front.
    If you really need a toggle switch get a small metal box and a couple of toggle switches and wire it up like the foot switches.
    Mount the box on top of the amp in a non destructive manner.

Blue Bill likes this.
  6. muchxs

muchxs Doctor of Teleocity

https://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/Potentiometers_x/CTS-push-pull-1MA-Potentiometer-Volume-Tone

Extra holes are usually un- necessary.

It's too bad the Deluxe Reverb doesn't have bright switches that can be re- purposed. No matter. The Mojo pot found via the handy link above will do the trick.

I have a batch of NOS CTS 250k audio pots with SPST normally on switches. Those are overwhelmingly cool if you think abou tit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.