Actors I dislike for the wrong reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
re: Spacey

He was very creepy and memorable in this 1992 movie.

consenting adults.png

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Umm... I don't know if this is out of line, but can I have your ex-wife's phone number?
Dude, dude....OK, they were both cute in the '70s, but my ex doesn't have facelifts and make-up professionals. Picture this, except with all the indignities of seasoned citizenry, and lessee, 40 years, at least a pack a day, that's 300,000 cigarettes later:

LAW.jpeg

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Dude, dude....OK, they were both cute in the '70s, but my ex doesn't have facelifts and make-up professionals. Picture this, except with all the indignities of seasoned citizenry, and lessee, 40 years, at least a pack a day, that's 300,000 cigarettes later:

View attachment 939965

Oh. I was kind of thinking of the LAW from a while back.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
It was Dusty who sang it, right?
( Deguello- hell of an album- rich!)

Yeah, you're probably right - sounded more like it was in Dusty's range.
"Deguello" is a wonderful album - and so often overlooked. It was quite a departure and maybe had a lot of electronic stuff in it, but it sure as heck was fun to listen to. I wore out a copy on vinyl, lost the cassette dub, and bought the CD, which I ripped into my MP3 player. That's the mark of a great album!

We had a thread a while back @ the future of ZZ Top. I'm of the mind that with Dusty gone, it'll never be quite the same. And Billy's been doing his own thing for years now, FWIW. I still put "Fandango" on the jukebox once in a while, and "Tres Hombres." Love all their stuff, and it was great growing up with them. 📻

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
I like Oldman in "The Professional," but, man, he's biting off big hunks of scenery right and left.
That is interesting. I never thought of it that way. In that particular movie, Natalie Portman and Jean Reno are also just huge. I have to think about this concept in the way I observe movies.

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
I think you had to see Michael Keaton's early work in Night Shift, and even his early stand-up; he created this crazed but lovable hipster character. His casting as Batman was an example of stunt casting that actually worked; his portrayal of Bruce Wayne as a man who hates the crime and depravity of Gotham City, but needs the mask and plastic muscles to fight it is surprisingly good. He was also quite good more recently as the empire-building Ray Kroc, who stole the MacDonald's franchise right out from under its original founders.
Can I get a "Birdman" in my life?

SnidelyWhiplash

Friend of Leo's
That is interesting. I never thought of it that way. In that particular movie, Natalie Portman and Jean Reno are also just huge. I have to think about this concept in the way I observe movies.

I remember first reading about GO when Sid & Nancy was released. The interview stated that GO took bass lessons even though by all accounts, Sid could barely play the damned thing. :p

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I try to avoid Will Ferrell. He just rubs me the wrong way.
Ashton Kutcher. I just want to punch that smug face... and then run really fast. He could very probably kick my jazz(CleanWord™ subs).
Then we have those unfunny funny-guys like Bob Saget and Jack Black. I generally give those a wide berth.
Not a big fan of the Jim Carrey rubberface hysterics which were so appropriate for The Mask and so not for all the other movies.
I have to grudgingly give him some credit for his take on The Riddler though.... oh and The Truman Show was awesome.

But then... we have those who get my white hot hatred. Like I actively wish physical harm on them for reasons
totally valid or totally not(I can't help how I feel but I can control what I let those feelings do!):
- Bam Margera
- Tom Green

Status
Not open for further replies.