Actors I dislike for the wrong reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
I never understood the appeal of Michael Keaton. Beetlejuice was OK, but other than that.....
I think you had to see Michael Keaton's early work in Night Shift, and even his early stand-up; he created this crazed but lovable hipster character. His casting as Batman was an example of stunt casting that actually worked; his portrayal of Bruce Wayne as a man who hates the crime and depravity of Gotham City, but needs the mask and plastic muscles to fight it is surprisingly good. He was also quite good more recently as the empire-building Ray Kroc, who stole the MacDonald's franchise right out from under its original founders.

Last edited:

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
When I voted for Tom Hanks an Meryl Streep, I was thinking Tom Cruise was the opposite of them. When I watch Tom Cruise, I can instantly forget he's Tom Cruise.
Really? I've liked Tom Cruise in a number of films, but he always seems like Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise playing whatever character he's starring as.

loudboy

Tele-Holic
Really? I've liked Tom Cruise in a number of films, but he always seems like Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise playing whatever character he's starring as.

The medium CU, where he's running and his hands are chopping the air. It must be written into his contract! <g>

intro-import.webp

chillybilly

Tele-Meister
Possibly a left-field choice but...Julianne Moore. A one-trick-pony who did that squint-and-whisper routine, apparently to convey intensity, in 'The Fugitive' and has continued to do it in nearly every role. Of course, I avoid her films so there may be a few exceptions.

She's also one of these actresses on the wrong side of 50 who dress like 16 year olds. All bony knees and elbows now, she looks foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.