Acoustic too loud for neighbors?

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
No banjos?

Imagine the neighbors' response to banjos!!!
Banjo1.jpg
Banjo2.jpg
Banjo3.png

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
"My word Edward. That Elizabeth is such a trollop! She consumed more than a lion's share of absinthe then laid on the day bed in front of her guests with her ankle showing!"
Ha!

This reminds me of a film I saw of this fellow that was made sometime in the 40’s and this guy must have been 80 years old

Anyway… he said how in his youth he and his buddies would go downtown after a rainstorm to watch ladies step off the curbs, they would lift their dresses to avoid getting them wet, he explained how he would greatly rejoice in getting a glimpse of ankle…

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Lawns have been around forever.
View attachment 1013456
Actually.....not!
When did lawns become popular in America?

Green, weed-free lawns so common today didn't exist in America until the late 18th century. Instead, the area just outside the front door of a typical rural home was typically packed dirt or perhaps a cottage garden that contained a mix of flowers, herbs, and vegetables.
;)

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Actually.....not!
When did lawns become popular in America?

Green, weed-free lawns so common today didn't exist in America until the late 18th century. Instead, the area just outside the front door of a typical rural home was typically packed dirt or perhaps a cottage garden that contained a mix of flowers, herbs, and vegetables.
;)
Cool

Deja vu

I was actually pondering the history of “the lawn” the other day

ahiddentableau

Tele-Holic

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Facebook of the day. Not as immediately gratifying, but that Caryn got to stew in her venom until her scathing post was published a few days later. I'm curious to see the retort 3 days later.

Squeaky guitars? Maybe a fiddle in the mix?

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
I play a lot of 1890s stuff...mando hits of the period would drive anyone bonkers. Marches, Polkas, schottisches, Opera transcriptions. At least the banjoists were playing Ragtime (which was considered trashy at the time).

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
;)

Don't forget about gramps buried in the backyard.