Acoustic cover and singing

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by skerwo, Oct 19, 2019.

1. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Hi folks,

this acoustic guitar playing plus singing is relatively new to me but I like it very much. I try it more and more over the last few months and reached an amount of about 50 songs for practicing and singing. I recorded this little piece with my mobile phone. Feel free to comment as it´s a good response for me.

Hatfield92, Milspec and Slim60 like this.
  2. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Howdy ... great sounding guitar. Nice playing.
    You should try singing without the score/words: I think this will help add more emotion and dynamics to your vocals.
    Especially for "Homeward Bound", which is high on the emotive scale (IMO). Perhaps punch out the chorus vocals harder.

Thanks for sharing.

skerwo likes this.
  3. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Thx for your post. I had to find out that it's much easier to sing in your own language to express emotions. I have to concentrate sometimes on correct pronunciation and rhythm of speak but it gets better day by day.

4. Slim60

Slim60 TDPRI Member

I enjoyed it.

skerwo likes this.
  5. kbold

kbold Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Great way to improve your pronunciation. Need to practice your R's (Railway, not wailway)

Some songs are translatable (or have been translated) into other languages.
    Have you thought of translating the song? Often the momentum is lost, but similar words can be adopted to keep the meaning and momentum.

"99 Luftballons" is a good example, where even the title of the song was changed to "99 Red Balloons".
    I prefer the German version, but being mono-linguistic, I can listen to the English version to get the basic meaning of the song.

My son is living in Germany: he spent 2 years learning German before moving there. Of course, now he's living there (immersed in the language), his German has improved drastically.

skerwo likes this.
  6. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Yes, I do some translated songs f.e. Fire from the Boss. These are not translated by me but there are good versions from artists in my language. But some songs should be played in the original language like the S&G stuff or some others where it´s better not to listen to exactly to the meaning ;).

Since I first get started with this thing a few months ago I´ll give me the time to improve and get some hints like yours. Thx again!

7. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Thx for your kind words :)

8. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Meister

I think you did a fine job. That’s a challenging song to fingerpick correctly, even if you’re not singing while you’re doing it.

skerwo likes this.
  9. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Thx a lot :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.