Acme Anvil Corporation

THX1123

Tele-Holic
We just released a new 6 song EP called Sun Thief. Most of my guitar parts were done with a '99 '52 RI and a '04 '72 Custom RI. I used a SG for some solos and a Rick 350 for a few parts.

Drums were recorded in my basement using a Korg R-16 and Shure 57s and 58s. I placed a 58 in an unused cistern in the corner of the basement. Another 58 was placed in the other corner of the basement. Other than that there is no reverb or processing on the drums, and minimal gating (you can hear the snare when he hits the toms. We like this level of realism). The band is a trio. I used an Aston mic for vocals. The Aston Origin mic was a great purchase. Highly recommended.

I mostly used Tophat Club Royale 1x12 and a Laney VC-30 1X12 amps. I used Garage Band to track everything but the drums and to mix. It would have been faster and easier to buy and use Logic.

It is far from perfect but it sounds like us.

If you like this it is available for purchase on all major platforms.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't like any of those songs, but you guyrs are tight !

edit i like diamonds though.

edit 2 and those nice singalong ! I don't know how you call them in english.

THX1123

Tele-Holic
I don't like any of those songs, but you guyrs are tight !

edit i like diamonds though.

edit 2 and those nice singalong ! I don't know how you call them in english.
Singalong = harmony, maybe?

I'm not sure I like them anymore either after listening to them 40,000 times doing the mixing LOL

Diamonds is my song, Sun Thief a collaboration, the others were written by the drummer

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
We just released a new 6 song EP called Sun Thief. Most of my guitar parts were done with a '99 '52 RI and a '04 '72 Custom RI. I used a SG for some solos and a Rick 350 for a few parts.

Drums were recorded in my basement using a Korg R-16 and Shure 57s and 58s. I placed a 58 in an unused cistern in the corner of the basement. Another 58 was placed in the other corner of the basement. Other than that there is no reverb or processing on the drums, and minimal gating (you can hear the snare when he hits the toms. We like this level of realism). The band is a trio. I used an Aston mic for vocals. The Aston Origin mic was a great purchase. Highly recommended.

I mostly used Tophat Club Royale 1x12 and a Laney VC-30 1X12 amps. I used Garage Band to track everything but the drums and to mix. It would have been faster and easier to buy and use Logic.

It is far from perfect but it sounds like us.

If you like this it is available for purchase on all major platforms.

NICE! I especially like the "balance" in the mix between instruments and vocals.....and everything is "clean". (for lack of a better term)
Thanks for sharing with us. ;)