Acetaminophen Nightmares!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, Jun 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I take 2300mg of Tylenol a day.
    Plus 400mg of Aleve.
    My Doc says that's the right amount for my pain, my liver and my kidneys.

2. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I had some painful dental work done yesterday. They gave me the Tylenol with the narcotic. I lounged in bed today recuperating and definitely had vivid dreams, but luckily they were all pleasant. I am aware of the liver toxicity issue, so I'll lay off of it after today.

On a related note, I had extremely vivid dreams after a recent vaccination a few months ago. My partner had a vax from a different manufacturer and she had the same experience. It lasted a few weeks for me. I loved it and had no problems with bad dreams. I was hoping the dreams would last longer since I was having so much fun.

telemnemonics and Blackmore Fan like this.
  3. thechad

thechad Tele-Holic

I used to love taking 2-3 pouches of extra strength neocitran when I felt REALLY sick and needed a good nights rest. The best part was I would always have lucid dreams. The fun ended when I learned how bad acetaminophen is for your liver and saw it was the main ingredient. I always contributed the minor pseudo-opioids as the cause of the lucid dreams but now you have me wondering….

4. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Friend of Leo's

There was a quote (that I can't find at the moment) from an FDA official about 10 years back stating that Tylenol, with its discrepancies regarding safe dosages between manufacturers and healthcare providers, wouldn't have made it through modern FDA regulatory trials.

I don't like it, but I rotate between it and ibuprofen for the kids. Never heard of acetaminophen nightmares, but given the impact other substances (like caffeine) have on us dreaming or not, it makes sense.

5. thechad

thechad Tele-Holic

Lots of people pop a Tylenol after a night of drinking…double liver damage. nothing wrong with good ol ASA (acetylsalicylic acid) instead.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Geez, whatever you guys are taking, I wish I had some last week before my molar root canal. I started with aspirin, then Ibuprofen, then after diagnosis told to take one ibuprofen with one Tylenol (first timer for Tylenol). That seemed to work for the least amount of chemicals. But then I had to add an antibiotic (first time ever for antibiotics too). I have survived and taken the full course of antibiotic. Next week … the crown.:eek:

telemnemonics and Milspec like this.
  7. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oh my DANG, sir! YOU are my new HERO!!!

8. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

It is a losing bet either way. Ibuprofen destroys the small villi in your intestines which leads to all sorts of digestive issue (chrons, UC, etc.). As you pointed out, Tylenol damages the liver. Aspirin destroys the stomache lining.

Just no winning really. I used to be a big Ibuprofen fan back in my marathoning days to help recovery until I developed ulcers in my intestines. Switched to the liver killers instead....really none are a good choice.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  9. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

Just really unlucky...or maybe lucky. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  10. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

I've taken Phenergan a few times for extreme nausea. It worked
    but gave me technicolor fever dreams. Very strong dreams and not much fun at all.

King

11. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    MEDICAL/QUASI-MEDICAL OR HOMEOPATHIC DRUGS/SUPPLEMENTS:
    You cannot use the TDPRI to provide medical advice for others to use specific drugs or supplements. Offering specific medical advice and/or the recommendation of specific doctors, treatments, drugs or supplements will be removed.

Thread locked

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.